network upgrade.. phone needs programming

Thank you for visiting the TracFone Forum, your one-stop resource for TracFone information.

network upgrade.. phone needs programming

Postby jcc » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:08 pm

I just received the following message from Tracfone, telling me that my phone needed to have a programming change. I called the number listed and the service rep had no idea what I was talking about. He transferred me to his manager, but the connection was cut during our call, so my phone did not get a programming change, and I'm getting frustrated... Do I really need to do anything before Oct. 21? If so, how can I get it done?

Jeanne

"ACTION NEEDED BEFORE OCTOBER 21, 2011:

The network has recently been upgraded to allow for more services. Your phone requires a programming change which will give you access to the mobile web, picture messaging capabilities and more. Please call us at 1-800-867-7183 to perform this upgrade.

Thank you,
TracFone Customer Care"
jcc

Re: network upgrade.. phone needs programming

Postby Jennifer » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:14 pm

Hi Jcc. My name is TracFone Jennifer. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thank you.
Jennifer

Postby mawtuan » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:19 pm

I also received this email. Is it a legitimate email from Tracfone, or some kind of phishing event to avoid?
mawtuan

Postby jcc » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:28 pm

Jennifer,

I read your message in my Tracfone Wireless Forum inbox, but I couldn't figure out how to reply to your message... Can I email you the information instead? If so, what is your email address?

Jeanne
jcc

Postby jon » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:21 pm

I'm having the same issue, got the same e-mail as mentioned above. Didn't call the number though.
jon

Postby jon » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:34 pm

Having the same issue, please help
jon

Postby Jessica » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:11 pm

Good day, jon & mawtuan. My name is Jessica TracFone and I'll be addressing your concern. Yes, that was a legitimate message from TracFone to update your phone's programming. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you.
Jessica

Postby jon » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:46 pm

Jessica wrote:Good day, jon & mawtuan. My name is Jessica TracFone and I'll be addressing your concern. Yes, that was a legitimate message from TracFone to update your phone's programming. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you.

Thanks, will reply to PM shortly.
jon

Postby cdziemer » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:45 pm

I have the same email. When I call the number, there no good option on the menu selection.

Wouldn't it be easier for someone to simply post the solution here?
cdziemer

Postby cdziemer » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:32 pm

Same thing here.
cdziemer

Next

Return to Welcome