How to block calls.

Thank you for visiting the TracFone Forum, your one-stop resource for TracFone information.

How to block calls.

Postby stinky » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:25 pm

How do I , or can I block annoying calls on my Tracfone ?
stinky

Re: How to block calls.

Postby Jessica » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:27 pm

Good day, stinky. My name is Jessica TracFone and I'll be addressing your question. We regret to inform you that all Straight Talk phones do not have the feature to block phone numbers. To stop receiving unwanted calls or text messages, you may have your phone number changed. However, changing your phone number does not guarantee that you will no longer receive unwanted calls or text messages. On the other hand, you may visit the FTC's Do Not Call Registry website: https://www.donotcall.gov to protect you from unwanted calls and text messages. Thank you.
Jessica

Postby sudengu » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:00 pm

I have my Tracphone and my landline registered with the donotcall.gov and I still get lots of junk calls.
:x
sudengu

Postby Charisse » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:44 am

Hi sudengu. My name is TracFone Charisse. We're sorry to know that. We actually don't have the capability to prevent/block unwanted calls. If you want, we can help you change your phone number. Just let us know for assistance. Thanks.
Charisse

Postby tireman9 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:25 pm

Well Charisse, maybe you need to develop a way to block spam and robocalls. You charge me for each call I answer. I just started to get spam robocalls a couple of days ago from companies I have never done business with.

The way it works is you get to collect my money and I have to pay you to even answer and hang up on spam robocalls.
Changing my number does not stop the random dialing robocall it just makes work for me and all my contacts.

Not particularly good customer relations.
tireman9

Postby Jude » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:51 am

Hi Tireman9. You can visit this link www.donotcall.gov to stop telemarketers calls. Hope this helps.
Jude

Postby jessiekins » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:47 pm

I've gotten a few calls as well. I really dislike the spam text messages! If you register on the "do not call" list there is a certain period of time you have to wait before it becomes active. so when you get calls after the waiting period you can go file complaints about the numbers that call you on the do not call website.
jessiekins

Return to Welcome