Invalid sim card message

Thank you for visiting the TracFone Forum, your one-stop resource for TracFone information.

Re: Invalid sim card message

Postby HK47 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:43 am

I am having this exact same problem. I have an old Tracfone that used to work just fine. The minutes I had on it expired and I would like to re-active/add more, but any attempt to do so results in:

The SIM card with the information you provided currently has an invalid status.

The website accepts the MEID/IMEI initially but displays this message after I chose to keep my phone number or select "no" to be issued a new phone number. I really don't care about the old number, but the site offers no next step to rectify this.
HK47

Postby TracFone - Felice » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:42 am

Hi HK47. My name is TracFone Felice. Sorry for the problem you have with the SIM card. Let us help you. Please check your Forum inbox for a message.
TracFone - Felice

Postby TeresaEllis » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:07 pm

I bought a Tracfone for my son for when we are going to an outing where we split up. We haven't needed it for a while and the minutes I guess expired, but now that I am trying to add more minutes to activate it again I get is "The SIM card with the information you provided currently has an invalid status." and none of your forums answer the question. Every person gets the response: "Please check your Forum inbox for a message." So now that I have posted a reply, I will wait for my message.
TeresaEllis

Postby TracFone - Katie » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:10 pm

Hi TeresaEllis,
My name is TracFone Katie. Sorry that you’re having a problem. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Please check your Forum inbox. It is located at the top left corner of your screen. It is next to User Control Panel. Thank you.
TracFone - Katie

Postby asparrow35 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:14 am

I am also having this problem. Trying to activate previous tracfone that I owned from 2016. After I enter the IMEI number and phone number but gives me the message "the sim card with the information you provided currently has an invalid status". Please help.
asparrow35

Postby Shelly » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:24 am

Hi asparrow35. My name is TracFone Shelly. Sorry for the problem you have with the SIM card. Let us help you. Please check your Forum inbox for a message.
TracFone - Shelly
Shelly

Postby DaMan » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:52 pm

I am getting the same error.
DaMan

Postby TracFone - Katie » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:23 pm

Hi DaMan,
My name is TracFone Katie. Sorry that you’re having a problem. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Please check your Forum inbox. It is located at the top left corner of your screen. It is next to User Control Panel. Thank you.
TracFone - Katie

Postby srhowison » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:40 pm

Having the same issue while trying to set up a tracfone.
srhowison

Postby TracFone - Larry » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:58 pm

Hi srhowison. My name is TracFone Larry. For further assistance, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome