Invalid sim card message

Thank you for visiting the TracFone Forum, your one-stop resource for TracFone information.

Re: Invalid sim card message

Postby WileyPost » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:21 pm

Hello, I am getting the same message. "The SIM card information you provided is invalid. " I am trying to reactivate a 1 year old phone. Thanks!
WileyPost

Postby WileyPost » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:59 pm

I am receiving the same invalid Sim card message. Please let me know what steps I need to take to re-activate my phone. Thank you
WileyPost

Postby TracFone - Larry » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:22 pm

Hi WileyPost. My name is TracFone Larry. For further assistance, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Postby bobh56 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:17 pm

:cry: Received a tracfone for Christmas and haven't been able to use it yet. I was able to purchase minutes and have a phone number but the phone continues to say Invaid Sim...I got connected with a chat and the person I chatted with said he was sending me a new SIM card and gave me the number for it and he said it I would have it in 2 days and it has been well over a week and a half and I have yet to see it. Went back on the chat tonight and they told me they only do sales over the chat and that I would have to call the 800 number. Well, before I do that and spend hours on the phone I joined this forum to see if I could get any answers on what I might do .
bobh56

Postby TracFone - Felice » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:53 am

Hi bobh56. My name is TracFone Felice. We will check on the status of the SIM card. Please check your Forum inbox for a message.
TracFone - Felice

Postby Jackson.J » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:30 pm

rsks54 wrote:My wife and I have the same Samsung phones that we bought and activated Feb.20-22 of this year. They have worked fine until last night when both phones displayed "Invalid SIM card. Network locked SIM card inserted". I called and talked to Tracfone support last night and they said the only fix is to get a new SIM card. I tried taking the card and battery out numerous times to fix problem to no avail. They said they would send one out a new SIM card for each phone asap.
My question is -- why would both SIM cards fail at the same time and is there another way to reactivate the current cards without waiting multiple days for the new cards to arrive which I am beginning to wonder if that will solve the problem.
It just does not make sense to me both cards failing within minutes of each other.
Any suggestions are appreciated.
Jackson.J

Postby TracFone - Felice » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:52 pm

Hi Jackson. My name is TracFone Felice. We are sorry about your issue. Please check your Forum inbox for assistance. For additional information, you may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information.
TracFone - Felice

Postby YTR3 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:52 pm

I am getting the same message. I got the phone 6 months ago. It expired after the first 60 days, and now I am trying to reactivate it.

I get the message, "The SIM card with the information you provided currently has an invalid status."

Why are none of the people who are posting about this problem coming back and saying whether it was resolved through the private messaging reference in the replies from Tracfone???
YTR3

Postby TracFone - Felice » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:16 pm

Hi YTR3. My name is TracFone Felice. We are sorry about your issue. Please check your Forum inbox for a message. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information.
TracFone - Felice

Postby Flipfone » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:17 pm

I've bought a tracfone Samsung j3 Luna pro at a pawn shop and it had no sim card. Today I bought a bring your own phone 3 in 1 SIMS tracfone activation kit. When I use the tfbyop.com website to activate and enter my *#06# IMEI number, it says my phone is in as invalid state. Please help.
Flipfone

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome