update messed up the recent apps button

Thank you for visiting the TracFone Forum, your one-stop resource for TracFone information.

update messed up the recent apps button

Postby bizabet » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:16 pm

my samsung j7 crown updated yesterday. now when i press the recent apps button, it has changed the way open apps are displayed. Before they were stacked like stair steps, you could scroll them up and down and close unwanted ones by touching an x in the right corner of each window. Now they are displayed side by side, and there is no longer an ex to close them, just a button for 'close all'. ONe site said to close by swiping left or right; this doesn't work. I tried chatting samsung--they said that I needed to contact the carrier for support. Tracfone said I needed to contact Samsung! Does anyone have insight on either how to fix this or where I can get some actual support?

btw, I searched for manuals and can't find anything more recent than 2018 online.

EDIT: went by walmart. with new update, you swipe UP to get rid of single app. Samsung really needs to update their manual--even the online help didn't explain this.
Last edited by bizabet on Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bizabet

Re: update messed up the recent apps button

Postby TracFone - Larry » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:44 pm

Hi bizabet. I'm TracFone Larry. I apologize for the inconvenience. We'll help you with your concern. For further assistance, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Return to Welcome