Cannot send MMS to Motorola W376G

Cannot send MMS to Motorola W376G

Postby thetao » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:31 pm

Twice now I've tried sending the same MMS message (with attached photo) to a Tracfone Motorola W376G, and twice the message has not gone through. SMS messages work normally. I use T-Mobile and know the MMS messages leave my phone and get logged as account activity when I log into T-Mobile's web portal. I spoke to a T-Mobile support rep, who insists the problem is on Tracfone's side (which my instincts also suggest)...although he really didn't do anything to examine their back-end servers. I suppose the problem could be related to image size? Can anyone suggest how to resolve this issue? Thanks.
thetao

Re: Cannot send MMS to Motorola W376G

Postby robert » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:36 pm

Hi thetao. My name is TracFone Robert. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum.
robert

Postby thetao » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:20 pm

Thank you. I just read your PM. Unfortunately the Reply/Compose PM feature is disabled for my account:

"We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more to be able to use this feature."

Seems like a major shortcoming in the support system. :( I assume you can tweak my status? Per your request, is the serial number/IMEI absolutely necessary, or is the phone number good enough? (I won't post either here.) The user is an older person and not quite local, and I wanted to avoid bothering them with long numbers.
thetao

Postby TracFone - Jhonally » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:12 am

Hi thetao. Please post at least five (5) to enable private messaging. Thanks.
TracFone - Jhonally
TracFone - Jhonally

Postby thetao » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:43 pm

This is ridiculous. Then how am I to reply to the PM which YOU sent to ME, REQUESTING THE MOTOROLA PHONE'S SERIAL NUMBER? Shall I post it publicly??
thetao

Postby thetao » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:53 pm

TracFone - Jhonally wrote:Hi thetao. Please post at least five (5) to enable private messaging. Thanks.

Filler post #1.
thetao

Postby thetao » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:54 pm

TracFone - Jhonally wrote:Hi thetao. Please post at least five (5) to enable private messaging. Thanks.

Filler post #2.
thetao

Postby thetao » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:55 pm

Filler post #3.
thetao

Postby thetao » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:05 pm

Let's try this one last time...

1) "Robert" at Tracfone sends me a private message to which he knows I cannot reply.
2) "Jhonally" confirms that to reply to "Robert", I must make 5 posts. I follow up with three "filler" posts (bringing the total to 5) and someone there deletes them all.

This is laughable! Do you consider what you are doing "customer service"?? Or "customer annoyance"?? If my experience is typical of people who come to your web forum for support, then the forum is a total farce!

I will give you until Monday afternoon to fix my online account so I may properly reply to Robert's original PM, or I will be phoning your company and filing formal complaints against both "Robert" and "Jhonally" for gross incompetence.

Thank you.
Todd
thetao

Postby Jessica » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:49 am

Good day, thetao. My name is Jessica TracFone and I'll continue addressing your concern. Please send me your phone's serial number (IMEI/MEID) via private message to further assist you with your concern. Thank you.
Jessica

Next

Return to Motorola