What is this app "mobile services" (com.dti.tracfone)

What is this app "mobile services" (com.dti.tracfone)

Postby davexnet » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:01 pm

On the face of it it seems to be a method for Tracfone to install useless apps
on their customers phones, without notification or permission, on behalf of their "sponsors".

Am I wrong?
davexnet

Re: What is this app "mobile services" (com.dti.tracfone)

Postby TracFone - Maria » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:49 pm

Hi davexnet. I'm TracFone - Maria. For us to assist you with your concern, we need to further check on it first. Please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Postby davexnet » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:48 pm

The discussion with the online help was what I expected. First they had not heard of this
app, and second, when I pointed out it was preloaded on the phone, they were unable to respond
in any meaningful way.
When I also mentioned this app disrespects the customer by installing garbage apps without permission,
the chat person tried to blame Motorola.
davexnet

Postby Jude » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:24 am

Hi davexnet. My name is TracFone Jude. We'd like to take a closer look into what's going on and ensure there is a resolution for you. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
Jude

Postby davexnet » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:48 pm

Your generic response is not at all helpful.
Tracfone made a business decision, at the risk of upsetting a few of their
customers, to occasionally install unsolicited, garbage apps on their users phones.

I understand that. At least the app can be disabled (although it gives a dire warning
in an attempt to scare the user)

It's been my experience, no matter the company, that any criticism of decisions
made at the top of the company, is *never* acknowledged in user forums, let alone
any attempt to explain the situation
davexnet

Postby TracFone - Maria » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:24 pm

Hi davexnet. This is TracFone - Maria. We understand where you're coming from. It is never our intention to frustrate you with our service. Please allow us another opportunity to mend our relationship back into good standing. Your time is valuable, and we want to make sure that you get the assistance you need. Please check your Forum inbox for a private message. Thanks.
TracFone - Maria

Postby davexnet » Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:07 pm

TracFone - Maria wrote:Hi davexnet. This is TracFone - Maria. We understand where you're coming from. It is never our intention to frustrate you with our service. Please allow us another opportunity to mend our relationship back into good standing. Your time is valuable, and we want to make sure that you get the assistance you need. Please check your Forum inbox for a private message. Thanks.

HI Maria
I am not going to engage in a chat nor call support. They are simply not trained to handle
this kind of question and I'd rather not waste their or my own time.
I know this because I tried before. As soon as I mentioned it was a preinstalled app,
they either refused to discuss further or tried to blame Motorola.

What I would like is an explanation from somebody at Tracfone on why they thought it was
a good idea to include an app with this kind of secretive, suspicious and deceptive behavior
on their Phones.

Failing that I'd like a method to remove it from the phone image completely (uninstall) rather
than just disable.
davexnet

Return to Motorola