Samsung J7 Crown - No LTE or Mobile Data

Re: Samsung J7 Crown - No LTE or Mobile Data

Postby NEKHNTR » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:37 am

I also noticed that under "Settings", "About phone", "Status", SIM card status, that there is no network shown and mobile network state shows "Disconnected". I have no way of editing these blocks either.
NEKHNTR

Postby Jude » Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:20 pm

Hi NEKHNTR. My name is TracFone Jude. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
Jude

Postby merlefry » Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:38 am

Now my mobile data is working again. Can't say why, really. I did have long session with TracFone support, but wouldn't re-sit the SIM card. Or reset. Just waited, then viola !
merlefry

Postby Jude » Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:23 pm

HI merlefry. My name is TracFone Jude. We're glad to hear that your mobile data is working again. As per our interest to serve you better, we are continuously working on improving and expanding our procedures, products and overall services. Should you need assistance, please let us know. Have a good day.
Jude

Postby rinkuhero » Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:00 am

I have the same problem, with the same model. Did anyone figure out what worked for them? I had data for two years on my phone then suddenly it stopped working a month ago after an android software update and now I can only use wi-fi.
rinkuhero

Postby Jude » Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:35 pm

Hi rinkuhero. My name is TracFone Jude. We apologize for the trouble this has caused you. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
Jude

Postby fwoods » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:15 pm

I have the same situation as NEKHNTR. My phone shows the SIM card status, Mobile network state as "Disconnected." I tried resetting the Access Point Name and restarting my phone several times. Nothing. Has Tracfone come up with a solution to this problem, which seems to be affecting many users?
fwoods

Postby Jude » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:58 pm

Hi fwoods. My name is Jude from TracFone Wireless. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
Jude

Re: Samsung S20+5G - No LTE or Mobile Data

Postby papa pete » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:28 pm

I have the same problem when trying to BYOF to TracFone. I attempted to transfer my contract from an S8+ to the S20+5G phone. The phone operating system is Android 11. I spent at least 6 days for many hours per day talking to many TracFone agents with no resolution. This S20+5G phone was in service with Verizon. My son upgraded to the S21 and gifted me the phone. If this problem is in their push which I think it is then TracFone has a BIG problem. In addition to the problems stated in the earlier posts, I had no control over the APN which I have on 2 other BYOP to TracFone. On the S20 when I enter the APN menu there on no APN listed with the "ADD" butten grayed out. I believe my problem is related to a bad APN setting however TracFone states they have no way to give me control of my APN or is able to reset from their end.

I also talked to Verizon about this problem and they tell me there is nothing on their end that would keep the phone working on TracFone's network. In addition I also talked to Samsung techinal support and they tell me that the S20+5G phone may not work correctly with a 4G SIM card in it. This could explain "No LTE or Mobile Data" issue. TracFone at this time has no %G SIMs available. Last I need to talk to Target which markets an S20+5G TracFone. I do not know if they are running Android 11 or 10. When I do I will asked which network the prone works on. My phone is CDMA ready and should work on all three of the big networks as I am told. Last the J7 is not a 5G phone so that is another difference between the S200+5G and the J7.

TracFone also states they are offering 5G service. They were not sure what network they buy 5G service from. Are there any other TracFone customer's that have this issue Verizon S20+5G on TracFone Network?
papa pete

Postby fwoods » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:53 pm

I had this problem and was able to resolve it through Tracfone tech support. They had me change the Access Point Name to VZWINTERNET (without a TRACFONE. prefix). Settings/Connections/Mobile networks/Access Point Names/Edit access point/APN. When I made the change, I was able to launch the browser on my phone immediately.
fwoods

PreviousNext

Return to Samsung