Adding Contacts

Adding Contacts

Postby davidpb » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:42 am

Hello, I have been attempting to add phone numbers to my contact list on my Samsung T301G phone with no success. I go the Contacts screen, select option 2 (add new contact). I wanted to enter the name "Jim". I entered the first letter of the name with no issue (in this case the letter J). When I attempted to enter the second letter (in this case the letter I), I see the either the digit 4 or the letter g appear. My question is how do I navigate the keyboard to enter the proper character (in the example above I want to enter the letter i (third letter on the 4 key)). Also, how do you select upper or lowercase characters (if possible). I have been unable to find any help files or instructions in the Services Guide booklet that came with the phone. Do you have detailed instructions on how to enter these contacts as noted above? Thanks!
davidpb

Re: Adding Contacts

Postby Stephanie » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:45 am

Hi texdavid. My name is TracFone Stephanie and I will be addressing your question. Using your navigation keys, go to "Contacts." Press the key below the word "Select". Then go to "Add New Contact," then press "Select". The cursor will be positioned in the name field. Using your keypad enter the name of the contact you wish to save. You press the key on the upper left and make sure that you are in the normal mode because you might be in the predictive mode that is why you are unable to type the name properly. To select upper or lowercase characters, just press the star key on your phone. I believe you can check this on the phone's manual online. Just visit the website at[url[url=www.tracfone.com]www.tracfone.com[/url][url=www.tracfone.com]www.tracfone.com[/url][/url] then click on "Buy Phones and More" and click on "Phones". You will be able to see their all the phone models so just go to the phone model of your phone then click on the word "Manual". I believe this answers your question. It's been a pleasure helping you. Have a good day.
TracFone - Stephanie
Stephanie

Return to Samsung