samsung s390g no connection to wi fi

Re: samsung s390g no connection to wi fi

Postby haasrandy » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:49 pm

I am new tracfone and smartphone user. Frustrating experience trying to get samsung 390G setup through your customer service so far most info given has been incorrect. I registered the phone and attempted to connect to my home wifi....recognized mysecured wifi connection but when I attempted to connect......kept saying Disconnected, authentication failed. A customer service suppervisor told me that I needed to first activate my 1500 triple mins that came with HSN offer which includes free wifi (no mins usage). Once that is activated should be able to connect to my wifi......still wont work. I bought this phone specifically because of the wifi feature that saves your mins. when texting or web surfing over wifi. I need help from someone competent. Why wont my wifi work?
haasrandy

Postby Jessica » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:58 pm

Good day, haasrandy. We're sorry for the trouble. My name is Jessica TracFone and I'll be addressing your concern. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you.
Jessica

Postby rronald » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:14 pm

I am also having the same problem with wi-fi on the s390g. I tried with my home belkin system and at Applebees's restaurant but it disconnects immediately.
rronald

Postby Martm » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:43 pm

Good Day Tracfone technical help. I am having trouble accessing Wi Fi on my new Samsung also. When I press Connect I get a list of info that I do not understand. Thanks
Martm

Postby ST Dog » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:48 pm

Depend on your router/access point set up. Easiest is to login to the router admin pages and check the setup.

Generally, 64bit WEP uses a 10 character key, while 128bit WEP uses a 26 character key.

WPA generally uses 8-64 characters.
ST Dog

Postby Martm » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:48 pm

Hi,
I also am having trouble accessing WiFi and Email on the new Samsung. Please contact me with assistance.
ThankYou
Martm

Postby ST Dog » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:53 pm

haasrandy wrote:setup through your customer service so far most info given has been incorrect.

Typical of Tracfone. They generally have no experience with any of the phones.
I was able to use wi-fi even before the phone was activated.

FWIW, I don't think you can send SMS (text) messages via wi-fi. You can send email though.

As for the connection issues, it is probably a mismatched configuration. Verify the setting on your router/access point then check the phone settings and make sure they all match.

Beyond that, best is find a tech savvy friend to come over an help. It's next to impossible to debug online or over the phone if you don't understand the terminology.
ST Dog

Postby Lynster » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:40 am

My friend and I just received our phones yesterday and neither one of us can access our wifi network. What's the secret? We're having the exact same issues as everyone else here. Please help. Thanks!
Last edited by Lynster on Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lynster

Postby Jessica » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:14 am

Good day, TracFone customers. We're sorry for the trouble. My name is Jessica TracFone and I'll be addressing your concern. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you.
Jessica

Postby ST Dog » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:48 pm

Lynster wrote:My friend and I just received our phones yesterday and neither one of us can access our wifi network. What's the secret? We're having the exact same issues as everyone else here. Please help. Thanks!

Does it see the network?

Is it WPA or WEP?
Did you verify the settings on the phone match the router?

My S390G works wonderfully. No problems with my WEP SSID.
Phone found the network, set the key length, entered the key, and it connected.

I added a WPA2 hidden SSID on my router, and had no trouble connecting to that either. Find Hidden network, enter SSID, set the Auth Type and Encryption Type, enter password/key, and connect.
ST Dog

PreviousNext

Return to Samsung