SGH-S390G With Samsung PC Studio??

Re: SGH-S390G With Samsung PC Studio??

Postby ST Dog » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:30 pm

tyke wrote:is the downloadable user manual for the Tracfone SGH_s390G at the Samsung Website downloads for this phone made available by Samsung.

Right, not from TracFone.
Like I said other manuals from Samsung and LG have mentioned features/options that the TracFone version didn't support.

I'm pretty sure the T301G and T401G manuals from Samsung mentioned features not supported on the phones sold by TF.
ST Dog

Postby tyke » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:32 pm

ST Dog wrote:
tyke wrote:is the downloadable user manual for the Tracfone SGH_s390G at the Samsung Website downloads for this phone made available by Samsung.

Right, not from TracFone.
Like I said other manuals from Samsung and LG have mentioned features/options that the TracFone version didn't support.

It is downloadable from tracfone. On the left at the bottom. Not that it matters anymore

http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/trac ... cale=en_US
tyke

Postby ST Dog » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:44 am

tyke wrote:It is downloadable from tracfone. On the left at the bottom. Not that it matters anymore
http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/tracfone/home.seam?custId=TFSAS390G&locale=en_US

Interesting. I had not noticed it there.
The copy I have came form the Samsung site.

After experimenting, it would appear that the phone is too new and the software doesn't recognize the phone. May be a need for newer drivers too.
New PC Studio 1.5 seemed to come the closest, but it said unrecognized device (or similar).

So, we need a new version of the software that knows about the S390G. It's unlikely that Samsung will release one though. I saw a few versions that appear carrier specific (for more recent models), so it looks like Samsung is not releasing versions that support all devices now. I doubt TF will pay Samsung to release a version either.

TF is just starting to allow BT file transfers, USB connections, and other advanced features.

ST or NET10 look to be the route to go with the Android phones (or the SIM card option for BYOD and better droids and iPhones) but I'm not paying $45-50/mo for cell phones (and I have to cover 3 now).
ST Dog

Postby tyke » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:00 pm

I had the same experience as you did ST Dog with New PC Studio 1.5 , unrecognized device.
tyke

Postby Louise29 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:42 pm

I think that there are some java apps out there that might work, but I haven't tried them out yet.
Louise29

Previous

Return to Samsung