SGH-S390G With Samsung PC Studio??

Re: SGH-S390G With Samsung PC Studio??

Postby ST Dog » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:30 pm

tyke wrote:is the downloadable user manual for the Tracfone SGH_s390G at the Samsung Website downloads for this phone made available by Samsung.

Right, not from TracFone.
Like I said other manuals from Samsung and LG have mentioned features/options that the TracFone version didn't support.

I'm pretty sure the T301G and T401G manuals from Samsung mentioned features not supported on the phones sold by TF.
ST Dog

Postby tyke » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:32 pm

ST Dog wrote:
tyke wrote:is the downloadable user manual for the Tracfone SGH_s390G at the Samsung Website downloads for this phone made available by Samsung.

Right, not from TracFone.
Like I said other manuals from Samsung and LG have mentioned features/options that the TracFone version didn't support.

It is downloadable from tracfone. On the left at the bottom. Not that it matters anymore

http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/trac ... cale=en_US
tyke

Postby ST Dog » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:44 am

tyke wrote:It is downloadable from tracfone. On the left at the bottom. Not that it matters anymore
http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/tracfone/home.seam?custId=TFSAS390G&locale=en_US

Interesting. I had not noticed it there.
The copy I have came form the Samsung site.

After experimenting, it would appear that the phone is too new and the software doesn't recognize the phone. May be a need for newer drivers too.
New PC Studio 1.5 seemed to come the closest, but it said unrecognized device (or similar).

So, we need a new version of the software that knows about the S390G. It's unlikely that Samsung will release one though. I saw a few versions that appear carrier specific (for more recent models), so it looks like Samsung is not releasing versions that support all devices now. I doubt TF will pay Samsung to release a version either.

TF is just starting to allow BT file transfers, USB connections, and other advanced features.

ST or NET10 look to be the route to go with the Android phones (or the SIM card option for BYOD and better droids and iPhones) but I'm not paying $45-50/mo for cell phones (and I have to cover 3 now).
ST Dog

Postby tyke » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:00 pm

I had the same experience as you did ST Dog with New PC Studio 1.5 , unrecognized device.
tyke

Postby Louise29 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:42 pm

I think that there are some java apps out there that might work, but I haven't tried them out yet.
Louise29

Postby TracFan » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:36 am

Nothing works usb cable or bluetooth. The manual from Tracfone shows this feature! noticed on some of the posting it was asked and some said it wasn't a tracfone feature. I have spoke with Samsung they don't owe up to the fact that PC Studio doesn't work. I have tried the older version of PC Studio two years ago coming this Oct and the newest PC Studio and still doesn't work! I think two years with Tracfone is enough for me. I have three different phones three different cell numbers on my account and tried several different devices. Of cource you get what you pay for and I'm not about to lock in with them on a smartphone, no way only to find out not all of the features are available. I'm jumping ship soon going with republicwireless with a MotoG of cource there isn't any tree freedom with y of these providers... your still marching to the beat of THEIR drum! lol
TracFan

Postby Che » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:47 am

Hi TracFan. My name is TracFone Che. Please check your forum inbox for a message. Thanks.
Che

Postby TracFan » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:54 am

Hi Che, I can't reply to your private message yet so I'll post public. The SGH-S390G I have had with TracFone for 2 years come this Oct. I have tried on and off for this time to use PC Studio as File Manager, beginnng back in Oct. 2012 I had my address book downloaded into my PC from my blackberry that I gave up to go with Tracfone. The closest mobile they had to a blackberry was the S390G. Some other post including yourself I believe say try too couldn't get PC Studio to sync with with their S390G. I was just remarking to those post. Funny thing is Samsung will only provide the PC Studio software and any issue with the phone itself to contact tracfone which I have done on several occasions but they never give me a straight forward response to my emails; always get a response that I haven't provided enough info and to call in. Which I have once and you don't talk with a tech but a customer service rep that can't help. I also commented to a post on this issue that another forum member said that this feature was not in the Tracfone manual so therefore wasn't a supported feature. My comment to that is this feature was outlined in my manual I downloaded from Tracfone. The manual has their logo on it! PC Studio the version I originally had was just updated when I went to the link provided my Samsung on 7/18/14. I am just tired of Tracfone I originally was a fan of TF but no longer. I don't won't a smartphone they sale because of the combined data, text & talk as I'm a heavy text user and they split your time equally and if you use all the text time they don't sale just text time (buy 600 minutes x triple minutes = 1800 minutes / 3 (data, text & talk) = 600. Use all 600 minutes of text that's it unless you refill everything and you can't use promo codes. The new mobile I bought last week the LG306G still uses the bucket method, triple minutes and use promo codes. But the LG306G is 10 times worse but was trying to work with what I had and all I wanted to do was transfer my address book from the S390G to my new LG306G... :( Very Unhappy and angry with TF :x
TracFan

Postby TracFan » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:36 am

UPDATE!!! VERY EXCITED! this link was in one older post and PC Studio has finally sync with my S390G! Here is the link:
http://org.downloadcenter.samsung.com/d ... 1053_3.exe
Oh Happy Days are here again. Its taken me almost 2 years to finally get it to work! :D
TracFan

PreviousNext

Return to Samsung