"DNS Failed"

"DNS Failed"

Postby LeslieW » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:25 pm

I just got the Samsung Tracfone S390G with the 1500 free minutes from HSN. I have never had a pre-paid phone and I am a total novice at setting up my own phone and all of these features. (I use to have Verizon)

After many hours of research and alot of endless reading on the Tracfone website manual, I finally got my WiFi going, but now when I go to connect to the Internet I get a popup saying "DNS failed". (I had Internet before I got the WiFi going)

There are a few other questions I have as well, but I think this swhould be addressed first. If I could get proper instructions (like step-by-step) I couldn't thank you enough! So tired! :?

Re: "DNS Failed"

Postby Tracfone - Kyle » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:30 pm

Hi LeslieW. My name is TracFone Kyle. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thanks.
Tracfone - Kyle

Re: "DNS Failed"

Postby ST Dog » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:33 pm

Try power cycling the phone, then reconnect to the network.
Also, pulling the battery without turning off first, can fix a few issue. (bad info can get saved when you turn it off)
I had a few problems with mine after I first configured it. After a power cycle it worked fine.
ST Dog

Return to Samsung