Another Samsung 390g with WiFi problems!!!

Another Samsung 390g with WiFi problems!!!

Postby userken87 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:59 am

Please Help, I have UVERSE wireless internet, phone, and TV service in my home. All the laptops in my home use the internet wirelessly. I have had 2 different Samsung 390G cell phones and both have the "Authentication Failed" message after I type in my 9 digit "Wireless Network Key" number. I have even tried the "System Password" number, which is a 10 digit number just in case I'm entering the wrong number.

I very helpful forum member here mentioned to do a hard reset by removing your battery while the phone is on and wait 30 secs and turn the phone back on and try connecting to WiFi then. Well that didn't work. A "soft-reset" in the phone menu screens didn't work either. Someone else mentioned changing your WEP to either 64 bit or 128 bit, but I have no idea how to do that on either my 390g or my home network web home page.

Somebody please help me.
Thank you.
userken87

Re: Another Samsung 390g with WiFi problems!!!

Postby hurricanefloyd » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:55 pm

Authentication isn't about your passcode. Your Uverse router might have a certificate requirement and I"m not sure 390G can deal with that. I have a Netgear wireless router and have no issue connecting, always works.

If a certificate is the issue, you have to copy the Uverse certificate to your 390G's microsd card. Then from your phone's Security menu you have to apply that certificate and I don't know how you can do that or if it can be done.

So, I'm saying, you should call Uverse tech support for a router solution. They don't care what device you're using, they just need to understand your situation.
---------------------------------
Happy Tracfone Customer Since 1999
hurricanefloyd

Postby HornetSport » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:17 pm

I have the same issue with my samsung 390G. I have a netgear router and I can't get mine to connect either, same message, authentication failed!!!!!
HornetSport

Postby hurricanefloyd » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:24 pm

Try this:

"Set a static IP address. If you're having problems connecting, choose "Edit Network" and under IP/DNS Setting, choose "Static". You will then have to configure the settings specific to your router using your keen sense of Google Fu."
hurricanefloyd

Postby HornetSport » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:51 pm

I finally got mine to work. I had to compare the settings available on my phone to those on the netgear setup. I had to switch from WAP to WEP and create pass keys. It works like a charm now.
HornetSport

Postby HornetSport » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:53 pm

I should have been more specific...The settings I changed were on my netgear account and then set my phone to match these settings.
HornetSport

Postby hurricanefloyd » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:20 pm

When you get the onscreen messages "DNS" or "Authentication Error" turn your phone off and try again or right after you get those errors press OPTIONS then press REFRESH.
hurricanefloyd

Postby Jessica » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:42 am

We're glad to know that, HornetSport. Should you have any concerns with your TracFone service, please let us know. Thank you.
Jessica

Return to Samsung