Update message received, should I?

Update message received, should I?

Postby BillPhoneGuy » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:36 pm

I've seen this discussed here & elsewhere, but there seems to be no definitive answer on it. Got a message last night from 24719 saying my 6.0.1 Samsung Tracfone phone needs an update. Data is turned OFF, as is WIFI, so as far as can tell, no update has yet been dl'd. Message just says "Service message: Your phone needs an update. You will receive a notification on your phone. Please click 'Install" to update. It's safe and secure." Needless to say, their (whoever THEY are) simply stating "It's safe and secure" does not convince me. How can I be absolutely certain this is legit, and what will be "updated". I find even with "legit" updates, the result as often as not causes more trouble than it fixes, since often it's just to improve the way the thing gets to track you & shove ads in your face. You'll pardon my cynicism...

TIA
BillPhoneGuy

Re: Update message received, should I?

Postby TracFone - Larry » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:20 pm

Hi BillPhoneGuy. I'm TracFone Larry. We need to further investigate your issue. For further assistance, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Return to Samsung