Galaxy J3 Orbit Voicemail

Galaxy J3 Orbit Voicemail

Postby rippsche » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:58 pm

Question regarding voicemail notification icon on Galaxy J3 Orbit. Up until about 2 weeks ago, I would get the icon on my phone when I received a new voicemail. Upper left corner, it had the voicemail icon and I think a number next to it. All of a sudden, that stopped. I still get the missed phone call notification on the phone icon, but I don't know whether or not someone left a message. I have to do that manually now, which is annoying because it used to work. I haven't changed anything on this phone in the past couple of months, so I'd like to know how to get the icon notification for voicemail back.
rippsche

Re: Galaxy J3 Orbit Voicemail

Postby rippsche » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:55 pm

Also, when I try to access my voicemail by dialing the 10-digit phone number that I guess was assigned as my voicemail phone number by tracfone (which is different than my actual phone #), I get this instead of a request to enter my password: "Welcome to At&t voicemail. We need more information to direct your call to the appropriate voice mail box."

I am asked to enter #, then a 10-digit phone number. I enter my 10-digit telephone number. Then I get the following message: "Sorry, could not find a mailbox for that number." If I try to leave a voice mail message, then I get the same message. So, what's that number for if I can't access it? Please help!
rippsche

Re: Galaxy J3 Orbit Voicemail

Postby tomseys » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:53 am

Doesn't the Tracfone branded Samsung Galaxy J3 Orbit use Verizon as service provider? Is there an AT&T version of this? Unless I'm wrong about the J3 Orbit, Verizon voicemail is *86.

The change in notifications may be due to the phone now using VVM instead of basic voice mail.
My Phones: Tracfone iPhone 6S, Tracfone iPhone SE and Tracfone Samsung J3 Luna Pro
tomseys

Return to Samsung