Hello Verizon?!

Hello Verizon?!

Postby RangerKyleN » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:53 am

I purchased a new Tracfone Samsung J3 Orbit on 23 February. I activated it, but I can't place calls, send text messages or access 4G, so obviously something is up with the network. I've called customer support three times and got nowhere. I tried chatting with someone this morning who said that I'd have to talk to Network support, but that they don't have chat setup. I do not have an alternate phone number to the one I'm using for Tracfone. What happens when I try to place a regular call is the line picks up with something like "Welcome to Verizon Wireless. Please hold while we transfer you to an outside operator to use a calling card, credit card or [unintelligible.]" Why should I pay additionally for a service I already pay for through Tracfone? What the actual?! The chat support operator said I was in good standing at Tracfone, so my service is still on there, but something happened on the way from my old ZTE smartphone to Samsung. I love it as a device, but I thought I bought a /phone/... Please help!
RangerKyleN

Re: Hello Verizon?!

Postby TracFone - Larry » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:13 am

Hi RangerKyleN. I'm TracFone Larry. We apologize for the trouble this has caused you. We will check if your phone is properly provisioned in the system. Please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611.
TracFone - Larry

Postby tomseys » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:39 am

RangerKyleN wrote:What happens when I try to place a regular call is the line picks up with something like "Welcome to Verizon Wireless. Please hold while we transfer you to an outside operator to use a calling card, credit card or [unintelligible.]

Sounds like the account transfer over to the J3 Orbit hasn't completed yet since that is the same phone message I have heard when that has been the case.
My Phones: Tracfone iPhone 6S, Tracfone iPhone SE and Tracfone Samsung J3 Luna Pro
tomseys

Postby RangerKyleN » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:01 pm

It's June. Still no service. I'm paying for this. Verizon is evil. I've started using Google voice for my text messages. I've missed vital medical calls thanks to this snafu. Just waiting around to see what happens first... tracfone gets their act together or I die of cancer.
RangerKyleN

Postby TracFone - Larry » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:13 am

Hi RangerKyleN. I'm TracFone Larry. I sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience that you had with our service. It is not our intention to put in a difficult situation. I understand where you're coming from, and I would feel the same way if I were in your situation. We will do our best to help you get your issue resolved. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Return to Samsung