transfer wizard issue

transfer wizard issue

Postby captainruss99 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:49 pm

Good day. I'm trying to use the Transfer Wizard, and really struggling to make it work. Old =galaxy sky. New= J7 Crown, both Tracfones. Downloaded Wizard on both from Google. Following the instructions, when I start the process with "from phone-- to phone", the Sky shuts down immediately after the J7 takes the picture. The phone just shuts off. I have my power saver set to 10 minutes, and the only time it shuts off is when I activate the wizard. Other than that it stays alive for the 10 minutes. Yes, the battery is fully charged, it does it off or on the charger. When the Sky shuts down, the J7 wizard states that it "lost network connection" and to try again. I have tried this over a dozen times, with exactly the same results. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong? If the Wizard was in my living room with me, I would likely inflict serious pain to him. Thanks in advance, Russ
captainruss99

Re: transfer wizard issue

Postby TracFone - Maria » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:45 am

Hi captainruss99. We're sorry for the trouble this have caused you. We're here to help you with it. Please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Re: transfer wizard issue

Postby captainruss99 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:31 pm

Well, I guess the 12th (or more) time was the charm. I left the phone turned on, on my desk for the day, and when I came back to it about 24 hours later, the data had transfered. Don't ask me how, I'm just glad it did.
captainruss99

Return to Samsung