LG800g memory suppot...Please HELP!!

LG800g memory suppot...Please HELP!!

Postby tracuser06 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:34 pm

I bought a kingston 8GB mini SDHC with adapters...I've tried many times putting the format into FAT16, FAT32, exFAT, FAT, EX FAT 1,2, and 3...I've tried putting it into my phone many times. All the phone shows is a memory chip icon with a red x through it. I seem to have no access to it under settings or even as an option to save files. On the computer with the adapters it came with it works fine...no problems writing any data to it...even music...but no formats or music shows up when on the phone. I've tried moving the memory card while keeping the battery attached...it shows up and disappears instantly when connected and disconnected from the phone..but with an x. Does the phone have a special format or do I need a USB cable for it to work? Customer service suggested turning off the phone and try reinserting the card then turning back on...I've tried many times and have no luck. Does this phone really support 8GB SDHC? Any suggestions would be much appreciated...THANKS!!!
tracuser06

Re: LG800g memory suppot...Please HELP!!

Postby azsnapshot » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:45 pm

I just received the LG800G today, Apr 30th, from HSN. Activated it and got the 1000 min./1 year from HSN within an hour or so, along with 20 min and 60 days from Tracfone (this is for everyone's info). In regards to your problem, I don't think these phones will take a SDHC card and so, can only go up to 2gb. (Since it's very hard to take the cover off, I can't look to see what I used.) I have a card in and it's probably then a 2 gb micro sd card. The newer SDHC cards are from 4gb and up. Many phones (not the newer more expenive ones) won't take the SDHC cards. I've never formatted one of these cards. I move them from phone to phone and all of my pics, videos, and ringtones show up. Those cards are really cheap, around $5. I buy all of mine online. Hope this helps.
azsnapshot

Postby tracuser06 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:06 pm

I specifically asked a tracfone customer representative...was told SD and SDHC are the same and both work...I'd also asked to verify the capacity of the card as whether it was limited at 4 or 8GB seeing as how some sites listed 4 and some listed 8GB. I would like to know specifically what to format it to and if the cluster size makes any difference. External memory doesn't show up as an option...but I did find that their is an option to backup contacts onto the external memory...anytime I've tried it all I get is and exclamation reading "Save failed"...it still has the x over the memory icon. Hoping to get a real solution to my problem. Thanks for the reply though...I may have to look at a 4 or 2 GB... I've been trying to partition and format it in a smaller size to see if that works...it worked for problems with other devices...hoping I can find one with this.
tracuser06

Postby tracuser06 » Sun May 01, 2011 12:18 pm

3 TICKETS AND ABOUT 4 ADDITIONAL CUSTOMER REPRESENTATIVES AND STILL GETTING NO WHERE....

TracFoneDeals - Ticket Updated [#15162-12744]
xxxxxxx,

Hi xxxx,

Yes, you are able to use an 8GB micro SD card. Micro SD ( Secure Digital) or micro SDHC ( Secure Digital High Capacity ) is the same and you can use it for your phone. You may try this site to purchase a car charger for your phone http://www.shopping.com/lg800/products. Thanks.

Thank you for being our customer. To respond, please reply to this email.

Ivy
http://www.facebook.com/TracFoneDeals

Original request:

xxxxxxxxxx

Unable to find specifics for memory expansion on LG800g am I able to use a 8GB micro SD or 4GB...found 2 sites giving different info. Also is there a difference between micro SD and micro SDHC??? and is both compatible or are they the same thing? I also cannot find a car charger or usb adapter for the phone can you provide specifics to accessory compatible products??? A site or web address to pages with accessories would be appreciated...thanks.

2nd ticket...
Ticket Updated [#15162-13007]

xxxxxxxx,

xxxxx,

Please try to turn the phone OFF, remove the memory card, then reinsert it and turn the phone back ON. Please check if it will still display the same thing.

Anne

Original request:

xxxxxxxxxx

memory card isn't available under external memory. shows it knows a memory card exists but has a red line through it on the screen. What format do I need to make it work? I was told by a tracfone service rep. that it is compatible with a 8GB Mini SDHC. Some suggested FAT16...but others say that format does not support a full 8GB. Just need to know what the format is and how to get it.. I do not have a USB cable to format it...but have a card reader/adapter to connect it to my PC. Thank you.

3RD TICKET

Ticket Updated [#15162-13088]
xxxxxx,

Hi xxxx: Did you receive an error when you inserted the memory card?

Jude

Original request:

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Purchased a kingston 8GB SDHC memory card and it does not work with my LG800g...it works in multiple adapters and on my PC fine. I've already made two contacts about this. First was to verify it would take a 8GB SDHC before I purchased...second I'd asked for help what to do... response was to try reinserting the card after powering off...then power back on with the card inserted. Multiple times and still same result. It shows a red x through the memory card icon...I tried backing up my contact to external memory...it reads "Saving Failed"...I tried the card unformatted and formatted as FAT32...EX2 and EX3... nothing works...Tried adding music...I currently do not have a USB cable to know if that can fix it either.
tracuser06

Postby tracuser06 » Sun May 01, 2011 3:53 pm

PROBLEM SOLVED...IS CONFIRMED THAT LG800g DOES NOT SUPPORT 8GB MEMORY DESPITE SOME SITES AND CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVES SAYING IT DID. [/b]
tracuser06

Postby I-0 » Wed May 04, 2011 3:17 pm

I have the same issue having just bought 3 Kingston 8gb Micro SDHCs. Can you please relay what size disk with which you finally had success?

LG developer network stating that it takes 8gb Micro SDHC: http://developer.lgmobile.com/lge.mdn.p ... lName=800G
...click on "memory"...
I-0

Re: LG800g memory support...Please HELP!!

Postby LG-800G owner » Wed May 04, 2011 5:13 pm

My 800G supports a 2GB card but not an 8GB card. When I get a 4GB card (its in transit) I'll tell you what happens.
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like Grandpa did :)
NOT yelling and screaming like the folks in his car :shock:
LG-800G owner

Postby I-0 » Wed May 04, 2011 7:51 pm

Just purchased and installed SanDisk 4gb MicroSD's from our local WalMart. They WORK! Sure would be nice for LG/Tracfone to provide correct info in their promo/data specs.
I-0

Postby dressageguy » Wed May 04, 2011 10:25 pm

I-O: Is the 4gb card from WalMart a "PLAIN SD" or SDHC? Perchance, do you have the SKU or WalMart Catalog Number, or SanDisk Part Number?

tracuser06: Didn't see your post before I got on the phone with Tracfone tech support and just posted my own LG800G 8gb memory issue... I recently posted the same recognition problem (SanDisk 8gb microSDHC)... Anyways, how was the 8gb size problem solved? Are we relegated to 4gb? On a "PLAIN SD" or SDHC card?
dressageguy

Postby I-0 » Wed May 04, 2011 10:49 pm

@dressageguy - SanDisk 4gb MicroSDHC w/ adapter.
SKU: 6 19659 04684 2
http://www.walmart.com/ip/SanDisk-SDSDQ ... d/13074735
Walmart is selling it online for $18.88, but I believe I paid 12 bucks and change at our local store.

I already have music on mine,... works great!
I-0

Next

Return to LG