[LG 500G] Disable the browser button?

[LG 500G] Disable the browser button?

Postby LechD » Sun May 08, 2011 8:52 pm

Is there any way to either disable or repurpose the browser button on this phone? It would be nice if the option to reconfigure the buttons existed in some capacity as I keep activating the browser whenever I stuff the phone into my pocket and it always manages to activate the browser.
LechD

Re: [LG 500G] Disable the browser button?

Postby Anne1 » Mon May 09, 2011 2:34 am

Hi. My name is TracFone Anne and I will be addressing your question. Sorry, we cannot disable the browser button. I believe this answers your question. It’s been a pleasure helping you. Have a good day.
TracFone - Anne
Anne1

Postby goosebumps » Mon May 09, 2011 3:26 pm

Ok if you can't disable can it be moved off the main display page. I have
the same problem.
goosebumps

Postby LechD » Mon May 09, 2011 10:08 pm

There needs to be a way to reassign the buttons on this phone. Having the browser button and back/exit as the same thing is quite possibly the most annoying "feature" I've ever encountered with this phone. Especially since there's a software button in the main menu to reach the browser from there, having a way to reassign the button is a must have.
LechD

Postby Cohun1 » Thu May 12, 2011 2:15 am

There has to be some way to relocate or disable that browser button. I'm not happy wasting minutes because the button is being pressed while the phone is in my pocket.
Cohun1

Postby LechD » Sat May 14, 2011 11:38 pm

Agreed, I'd like to have the option to have the browser when I need it, but not so easily accessible. That button has already cost me ~30 minutes while getting pressed in my pocket even when the phone was locked I managed to rocker the unlock combo somehow and hear the browser confirming if I wanted to exit. There needs to be a software solution to change the function that doesn't involve physically disconnecting the button as it's required to unlock the phone when in a locked state.
LechD

Postby Rd350 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:50 am

I have had this phone for 1 day and I'm ready to get rid of it already because of this!!! I hate keeping the keys locked, it is a PITA. When are you going to issue a new/different qwerty Phone???

Or at least get on some new firmware that will allow us to reassign the shortcut keys. NOT HAPPY!!
Rd350

Return to LG