LG 800 miniSD, apps/cable/ other questions/answers...

LG 800 miniSD, apps/cable/ other questions/answers...

Postby mauibuilt » Sun May 15, 2011 11:16 pm

Ok folks, since information is scarce, here is what I do know!

4gb card is the largest miniSD card you can use. If you have a card slot, just download your music/pics/vid/other files onto the card from your PC/Laptop and then install the card into your phone. It will automatically pick it up. I tried the 8gb card. It will not work.

You can get the USB cable at Radio Shack for about 26 dollars. However, I am still trying to get Windows 7 to work with it....anyone know this, please post here so we can all learn.....

I installed Java Opera Mini. Go to the Opera website, and click on "mobile phones" and it gives you the web address to download directly to your phone. It works great! Just have to play with it a little to understand its nuances. I really like the weather on Opera because you can look at the radar very easily. (Note, when downloading, you will be prompted to touch the screen to make sure it is not spam, etc.)

If you find out anything as well, please post here. As I stated before, information is very scarce and customer service,though well intentioned, can be very frustrating.

Good luck everyone! :D
Last edited by mauibuilt on Sun May 15, 2011 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mauibuilt

Re: LG 800 miniSD, apps/cable questions....

Postby mauibuilt » Sun May 15, 2011 11:27 pm

Here is a link for a great tutorial for the LG 800

http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/stra ... cid=235104
mauibuilt

Re: LG 800 miniSD, apps/cable questions....

Postby mauibuilt » Sun May 15, 2011 11:30 pm

And here is another forum for information regarding the phone....
http://s1.zetaboards.com/Turk/topic/4245631/1/

If anyone finds anything else worthwhile, keep this thread going! We can get things done quick! Thnx all! :D
mauibuilt

Re: LG 800 miniSD, apps/cable/ other questions/answers...

Postby mauibuilt » Sun May 15, 2011 11:34 pm

Here is the full manual for the phone.....in PDF format to download...enjoy!

http://www.net10.com/Common/English/Dig ... /15595.pdf

Again, any information....keep it going please!
mauibuilt

Postby dressageguy » Mon May 16, 2011 1:56 am

The LG800G uses a microSD and NOT a miniSD and works with up to a 4gb microSDHC memory card ($8.49 , free shipping from ebay). The SanDisk 8gb microSDHC memory card is not supported and there has yet to any reports of an 8gb memory card that actually works.

The LG800G has a microUSB port. I got my USB cable from ebay for $2.75, free shipping.
dressageguy

Postby rangermenace » Mon May 16, 2011 6:16 pm

http://www.monoprice.com/products/produ ... 1&format=2

this is the cable i used to transfer music from my computer to phone no problems. All you need to do is plug the cable into your phone then computer and let windows load the drivers. Next step when finished i disconnected the phone from the computer and went into the memory options and set it to use external memory as primary then reconnected the phone. On the phone you will see a screen asking if you would like to connect to mass storage Yes or NO, pick yes they you see a picture of a laptop with arrows moving around it. On the computer you will see the windows screen that ask you how to view the device and i picked view folders which all the folders on the sim card came right up. Click start and pick music on you computer then just drag and drop and it's finished.
rangermenace

Postby ortizmro » Wed May 18, 2011 8:12 am

Got a question re: the mini Opera. Has anyone successfully installed a signed version of mini Opera on the LG800G? If so, what version, and where did you get it from? I have tried several methods to install a signed version of this browser - all were unsuccessful.
ortizmro

Postby mauibuilt » Thu May 19, 2011 7:00 pm

Yes, go to http://www.opera.com/mobile/download/ and then you then you will see: On the page you have a browser address you can use to download directly to your phone (I did this with no issue, you just have to move your finger on the touch screen to get past the "spam" issue while it loads) .

What I like about the Opera bundle is 1) its free, 2)It has FB, Your major news outlets, weather, Maps and it is quick via the compression of the files. It will take a few minutes to get used to the nuances of how to move the cursor, navigate, but once you do, it is very nice.

I had no issue with downloading, just the message which stated that I had to keep moving my finger on the touch screen while initially downloading the software. Hope this helps with your question.
mauibuilt

Re: Backup of your contact list

Postby mauibuilt » Thu May 19, 2011 7:07 pm

Another little helpful tidbit.....

Safe yourself grief and purchase a 4bg MicroSD card which you can utilize for your listening pleasure and also to back up your contact list. Hit the "contacts" icon, on your contacts listing, touch the icon on the lower left. This will put you in the "Settings" menu. Under "settings", scroll down and choose "backup contacts". A screen will pop up which asks whether you want to back to "external" memory. Touch yes and your contacts will be backed up to the memory card in case of "meltdown".

Another item to watch is when you are "deleting" received calls, make sure you are NOT deleting a "contact", but rather the "received call". I have accidently done this (bonehead move on my part!) but this can be quickly remedied by going into your call log, looking at "received calls" and then hitting the menu button (square with horizontal lines) and then choosing to "save contact". Then just go about putting a name back with the number and saving and walah, its back! Sounds elementary I know, but it is helpful.
mauibuilt

Postby I-0 » Thu May 26, 2011 1:36 pm

mauibuilt wrote:Yes, go to http://www.opera.com/mobile/download/ and then you then you will see: On the page you have a browser address you can use to download directly to your phone...

Do you know what version you wound up with? There's 12 Opera Mini versions to choose from. Also, the Opera "phone wizard" does not include the LG800G.
Reference: http://www.opera.com/mobile/download/versions/
I-0

Next

Return to LG