LG800g USB Data Transfer Question

LG800g USB Data Transfer Question

Postby TomCat25 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:25 pm

Hello.

I've recently purchased the LG800g from Tracfone, and I like the phone very much. I wanted to transfer my music onto it, and since my computer does not have BlueTooth capabilities, I need to use a USB cable to transfer data to my phone. So, I went on Amazon.com and purchased a USB data cable manufactured by LG themselves, in order to use it with my phone. The USB data cable arrived today and I plugged it into my phone and then into my computer. To my dismay, when I plugged the cable into my computer's USB port, the only thing that happened was that the phone began charging. No dialogue window came up on my PC informing me that it had connected to a storage device, and Windows Explorer did not recognize my phone as a plugged-in device; therefore, I am unable to access the phone from my PC in order to transfer my music files to it. I am quite sure that this USB cable is a data cable and not just a charging cable. For reference, here is the product that I ordered on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002FTV5UI

What might be the problem? Do I need to have a memory SD card in my phone in order for files to be transferable to it? Do I need to install software drivers on my PC in order for my phone to be recognized by my PC? Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to access my phone from my PC to transfer files to it.
TomCat25

Re: LG800g USB Data Transfer Question

Postby TomCat25 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:31 pm

Alright, well if I were to put music from my computer onto an SD card and then place the SD card into my tracfone, would I then be able to access those music files on my phone?
TomCat25

Postby robert » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:15 pm

Hi TomCat25. My name is TracFone Robert and I will be addressing your question. Sorry for the info earlier. This phone can. Make sure the SD memory card is inserted in your phone. Connect your phone to your PC by inserting the USB end of your connection cable to the PC and the other end to your phone's charging slot. You will be prompted to "Connect to mass storage." Press "Yes." Your phone will display "Connected." This phone is I believe this answers your question. It’s been a pleasure helping you. Have a good day.
robert

Postby TomCat25 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:30 pm

Thank you for your help, Robert! I have a 4GB SD memory card on its way from Amazon.com so I should be able to get this working as soon as it arrives.

Thanks again for your support.
TomCat25

Postby LG-800G owner » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:38 am

Hi TomCat. Do you have an SD card in your 800G? That is what the USB cable lets you connect to, not the phones main memory/storage.

I transfer music to my 800G by putting a 4GB (NO BIGGER) micro SD card into my 'puter, loading it with music then putting the SD card into the phone - or you can put the 4GB card into the phone and use your microUSB cable to transfer the music. Or I use bluetooth but that is not an option for you, oh well.

Good luck with the Trakfone staff - have they helped you?
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like Grandpa did :)
NOT yelling and screaming like the folks in his car :shock:
LG-800G owner

Postby magdavaz » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:19 pm

I have the same problem and since this answers are useless here it is put it in google and there is a place that have drivers for the lg800g data transfer cable . I have an sd card and I know how to get it out and put my stuff in the card and then back to the phone, but my question like yours was how to use the transfer cable. So go to google and get the driver I did it .
magdavaz

Postby comiera » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:49 am

ok so i bought a scandisk microsd card of amazon that is supposed to be compatible with this phone. however when i put it in there is a symbol of the card with a red "x" on it not only thats my computer is not registering my phone with the usb cable it just says "insert disk into removable file" so do i have the wrong disk is there a certain card i need and where do i get it?
comiera

Return to LG