Lg800g not receiving texts

Lg800g not receiving texts

Postby medjaizak » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:03 am

had the phone for about 2 days now, worked fine the first but today im not recieving any text. also i have full bars and they have an E next to it. maybe that has something to do with it. but have tried everything so far =/
medjaizak

Re: Lg800g not receiving texts

Postby John » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:52 pm

Hi medjaizak. My name is TracFone John. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum.
John

Postby KathyB » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:02 pm

I too have had a problem with my new LG800 and texts. First let me say that I LOVE this phone! However, I made the mistake of sending a text message to a landline phone. I keep getting an error message about this that repeats. It comes in two's as well. If I make the mistake of opening it I lose minutes, of course. Now when it comes in, I just check the listing carefully before deleting. I have been able to send and receive other texts without a problem, however. I must admit that I replied to message from Tracfone (I believe it was like a welcome message or something) and I'm wondering if that could be why this error message repeats. Regardless, I just want the message removed. I have called TracFone directly (twice) and they did the same thing I did (reset settings). I DID forget to mention to them that I replied to the "welcome" msg or whatever. Anyway, they are supposedly sending me a new phone, but it is a Motorola type (and I can't find it with the model # they gave me). I don't want a different phone - unless it is the LG800! So far, it has not arrived. My husband has this phone as well and no issues. I have since removed/deleted the contact whose landline phone I inadvertently texted, and so far today, no extra error messages have come in. Maybe I correctly my own problem. Any help or advice out there for me?
KathyB

Postby John » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:14 pm

Hi KathyB. My name is TracFone John. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum.
John

Postby dale_man3 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:37 pm

I just got two tracfones from the deal they had on HSN. Only one of them is having this problem. I have tried power cycling, taking the battery out and then putting it back in, I called the support number and the lady said she was going to submit a request to have the phone reset (which was suppose to take 4 hours). It's been 24 hours with no change. Today I tried to call the support line and I've been on hold for two hours trying to get someone. This is looking hopeless.... :cry:
Wes
dale_man3

Postby John » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:44 pm

Hi dale_man3. My name is TracFone John. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. I will need information from your account. I will contact you directly to your inbox for continued assistance. Thanks!
John

Postby dale_man3 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:49 pm

Awesome, that was quick! You the man John! Thanks
dale_man3

Postby John » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:51 pm

dale_man3: Thank you. Have your receive my private message sent to your inbox?
John

Postby estrolberg » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:33 pm

I am having the same issues. I can not receive any texts and I keep getting an error message from the very first text I attempted to send. Any info would be very appreciated.
estrolberg

Postby John » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:04 am

Hi estrolberg. My name is TracFone John. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. Please chedk your inbox as I will be contacting you there for information I needed to solved the problem. Thanks!
John

Next

Return to LG