Can you disable browser on LG800G phone?

Can you disable browser on LG800G phone?

Postby francimj » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:42 pm

I also have the LG800G phone and am constantly inadvertently hitting the browser icon when I put the phone in its case. Using minutes in this way is not a good thing. Any help on this issue?
francimj

Re: Can you disable browser on LG800G phone?

Postby vince_TF » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:02 am

Hi francimj. My name is TracFone Vince and I will be addressing your question. Sorry, we are unable to disable the browser on your phone. Thanks!
TracFone - Vince
vince_TF

Postby ortizmro » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:53 pm

francimj - You can remove the browser icon from the main menu, and I highly recommend you do so. Tap the blue arrow on the main screen, and drag the browser button to the bottom of the screen to where the rest of the icons are located. Then tap the blue arrow again.

Now to access the internet, just click the Settings (dice-shaped button on bottom right of screen) , then select the Browser button on bottom row. This presents a menu of options, including "Enter Address," that you see before going online, and is a preferred way of going online - you don't waste minutes going to that Tracfone homepage if you really want to go to some other website instead. And, since you will not have a browser button on the main menu, you will not accidentally hit it anymore.

But if you do want to have that browser button on the main menu, another thing you can do is this: before putting the phone in its case, hit (depress) the Power button quickly - not enough to turn it off, but just a quick press. this puts it into Sleep mode, and the screen goes blank. When you pull it out, depress it again (a quick press), and it wakes it up from sleep.
ortizmro

Postby francimj » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:36 pm

Thanks for the info! Made my day.
francimj

Postby Dumas » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:45 pm

Can this be done on the LG500G?
Dumas

Return to LG