Activated with wrong number.. How to fix ??

Activated with wrong number.. How to fix ??

Postby Tom S » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:13 am

I bought an LG 220C Tracfone about 2 months ago, and when I went to activate it, the really cook activation system tracfone uses for "C" (Verizon) phones apparently malfunctioned.... Instead of activating with a local number for the zip code I provided, it activated with a number from an exchange almost 150 miles away !!! I promptly notified tracfone, and sent over 2 hrs on the phone with tech support, where they manually picked a prefix number from my local area, and manually had me input all the necessary codes to activate it with a different number... When we finished, the guy had me restart the phone, and verify that it was now showing the correct number when you went to the "My Phone Number" screen in the prepaid menu.... After I did that, he said everything was OK, and my phone was now fixed, and he hung up....

Well, the only problem is, when I try calling that number, I get a Verizon message that the phone is 'out of area"... When I try using the phone to call others, I get a Verizon message that the phone is not on their system, and I must use a credit card to make calls..... The phone doesn't work on the original number either, but that number is still listed on my account page, and I've been unable to correct it... For some reason, my ESN number seems to still be linked to the old (incorrect) number on my account page, but correctly listed on the phone itself....

I've spoken with tech support numerous times, and other than redoing all the codes, they seem to not really know how to fix the problem, or why it activated with the wrong number in the 1st place... Has anybody else experienced a similar problem, or have any idea how to make this phone work ?? Another phone I activated the same day gave me a correct number, and worked perfectly within minutes, so why did this particular phone decide to pick a number from the wrong exchange??? And more importantly, what do I do now ??

LG 220C I wanted it activated for Eagle River, WI (54521)

Instead, it activated with (715) 966-3691, which is an Ashland, WI exchange, 150 miles away (54806)

After a LOT of time on the phone, the number (715) 490-2516 was hand picked by the tech support guy, and THAT number is in fact an Eagle River, WI number, as I'd requested.... Any idea how we can make the phone actually WORK on that number ??? As I said, the phone now displays that number, while my account page on tracfone.com still shows that phone with the original number....

IDEAS ??????????? :roll: :roll: :roll:
Tom S

Re: Activated with wrong number.. How to fix ??

Postby David » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:49 am

Hi Tom S,

My name is TracFone David. We are sorry for the trouble. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum.

Thank you.
David

Postby Tom S » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:19 am

I just tried responding to your PM, and answering the two questions you asked there... Apparently though, I need to be a member longer before the PM screen has a working REPLY button, because when I click it, I get an administrative message saying I can't use that feature.... What do we do NOW ??

Tom
Tom S

Postby Stephanie » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:14 am

Hi Tom S. Please try to create 3 more duplicate posts so you can have an option to reply to private messages. Thank you.
TracFone - Stephanie
Stephanie

Postby Tom S » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:07 am

I bought an LG 220C Tracfone about 2 months ago, and when I went to activate it, the really cook activation system tracfone uses for "C" (Verizon) phones apparently malfunctioned.... Instead of activating with a local number for the zip code I provided, it activated with a number from an exchange almost 150 miles away !!! I promptly notified tracfone, and sent over 2 hrs on the phone with tech support, where they manually picked a prefix number from my local area, and manually had me input all the necessary codes to activate it with a different number... When we finished, the guy had me restart the phone, and verify that it was now showing the correct number when you went to the "My Phone Number" screen in the prepaid menu.... After I did that, he said everything was OK, and my phone was now fixed, and he hung up....

Well, the only problem is, when I try calling that number, I get a Verizon message that the phone is 'out of area"... When I try using the phone to call others, I get a Verizon message that the phone is not on their system, and I must use a credit card to make calls..... The phone doesn't work on the original number either, but that number is still listed on my account page, and I've been unable to correct it... For some reason, my ESN number seems to still be linked to the old (incorrect) number on my account page, but correctly listed on the phone itself....

I've spoken with tech support numerous times, and other than redoing all the codes, they seem to not really know how to fix the problem, or why it activated with the wrong number in the 1st place... Has anybody else experienced a similar problem, or have any idea how to make this phone work ?? Another phone I activated the same day gave me a correct number, and worked perfectly within minutes, so why did this particular phone decide to pick a number from the wrong exchange??? And more importantly, what do I do now ??

Instead, it activated with (715) 966-3691, which is an Ashland, WI exchange, 150 miles away (54806)

After a LOT of time on the phone, the number (715) 490-2516 was hand picked by the tech support guy, and THAT number is in fact an Eagle River, WI number, as I'd requested.... Any idea how we can make the phone actually WORK on that number ??? As I said, the phone now displays that number, while my account page on tracfone.com still shows that phone with the original number....

Tom S

Postby Tom S » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:08 am

Tom S

Postby Tom S » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:09 am

Tom S

Postby Tom S » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:11 am

Stephanie wrote:Hi Tom S. Please try to create 3 more duplicate posts so you can have an option to reply to private messages. Thank you.

OK Stephanie... I just did that, and after the Moderator approves the messages, I'll try to reply to your Private Message in the morning...
Tom S

Postby Tom S » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:46 pm

Stephanie wrote:Hi Tom S. Please try to create 3 more duplicate posts so you can have an option to reply to private messages. Thank you.

Well Stephanie, I did what you asked, and created the 3 additional messages... That was more than 24 hrs ago, and I'm still locked out from answering your PM. At what point can we stop dealing with your malfuntioning forum, and start working on fixing my malfunctioning phone ???
Tom S

Postby Anne1 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:22 am

Hi Tom S. My name is TracFone Anne. I’ve sent you a private message; please check if you’ll be able to reply now. Thanks.
TracFone - Anne
Anne1

Next

Return to LG