how to transfer music to LG440G

how to transfer music to LG440G

Postby giggi313 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:41 pm

Supposedly my phone is also an MP3 player. (I've seen other posts about other phones, and it seems one needs a card of some sort in order to make it work? I saw nothing on the material that comes with my phone that states you need anything but a USB cable...)
Hence my question. it states you can download with a USB cable, but it evidently is a specific kind of cable and it doesn't say what type it is. I am no computer guru. I have a USB cable with two "ends" of the size that go into the computer's USB port; I also have USB cables that go to various Passport external hard drives. Since my phone has a tiny opening (for the charger, but it's the only one I can find), I need to use a special USB cable, I guess, but would someone who is more computer savvy tell me which kind?
And does my phone need some sort of "card"? If so, what is it, what kind would I need, where do I get it and what do I do with it when I get it?
The most basic, easy-to-understand answers would be appreciated! Thank you : :roll:
giggi313

Re: how to transfer music to LG440G

Postby hurricanefloyd » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:50 pm

MP3 player requires a microsd card installation first. You can buy them for less than $5 at Walmart. A 2GB card will hold about 1000 songs.

And that's where music files will be stored and played from.

Then connect your phone to your PC using a USB cable.

Your phone will be viewable as a drive on your PC.

You will be able to drag and drop or copy and paste your music files to the phone and remove them from your phone.
---------------------------------
Happy Tracfone Customer Since 1999
hurricanefloyd

Re: how to transfer music to LG440G

Postby bucksnort » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:24 pm

Sorry, but the USB data feature is missing from this TracFone. Get a cheap bluetooth adapter on ebay that plugs into a USB port on your computer. Go to the phone's bluetooth menu and locate and select that device to pair the phone with it. Then you should be able to see the phone's My Folder from you computer, and transfer mp3's to the Audio subfolder, as well as getting pictures and video from the respective subfolders. The bluetooth adapters start at 99 cents with free shipping from Hong Kong, but for a few cents more you can find one from a U.S. shipper. Note that the memory in the phone is very limited, so you won't be able to put too much music on it. Sadly, this TracFone is also missing the micro SD connector, so you cannot expand the storage.
bucksnort

Return to LG