Too many Spam Texts

Too many Spam Texts

Postby tooleey » Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:29 pm

[size=150]A while back I learned how to block an entire area code from calling me by using Hi-ya. But I would like to block an entire area code of text messages also. I tried to use the Spam box feature on tracfone but it didn't work for me to block spam text messages. For example, I am always receiving area code 469 spam. I mark it so it blocks the current number but then next time it is a different number also beginning with 469. It keeps going on and on with different numbers always beginning with 469. I always mark them and a different 469 number always shows up next time. These numbers always tell me to download some more info but I never do. IS THERE A WAY TO BLOCK THE ENTIRE AREA CODE? Ii so, how do I do it? and should I enter +1 as all these numbers have? Thank-you very much, Patrick (tooleey)[/size]
tooleey

Re: Too many Spam Texts

Postby Jude » Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:20 pm

Hi tooleey. My name is TracFone Jude. We understand where you're coming from and apologize for the trouble this has caused you. We recommend you may visit the FTC's Do Not Call Registry website: https://www.donotcall.gov to protect you from unwanted calls and text messages. We have a free app for Android customers. This app will enable customers to block and/or file complaints for designated numbers (calls/texts), as well as identify telemarketing, debt collector, or scam calls. To download the app, customers will need to go to the Google Play Store and type “Call Detector” on the search field. Please let us know if these options work. Thank you.
Jude

Return to LG