How do I change caller ID on new tracfone number?

How do I change caller ID on new tracfone number?

Postby Tom91 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:45 pm

I set up my new tracfone today. Tracfone supplied me with a new number. When I call with this new phone the caller ID shows some other person's name, presumably the phone number's previous owner. How do I remove this name and replace it with mine?
Tom91

Re: How do I change caller ID on new tracfone number?

Postby Jude » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:20 pm

Hi Tom9. My name is TracFone Jude. We apologize for the trouble this has caused you. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
Jude

Postby spacepiggy » Sun May 02, 2021 10:39 am

I've had this same issue since 2019 on my wife's phone. Repeated attempts with HELP have not changed the outgoing call ID information. By now all of her friends know that [name redacted] is actually her.
Ultimately the blame was placed on Verizon for not updating the number/user database. Now that Verizon owns Tracfone can we expect to have this corrected?
spacepiggy

Postby TracFone - Maria » Sun May 02, 2021 1:17 pm

Hi spacepiggy. I'm TracFone - Maria. Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience that you are still experiencing with your caller ID. Allow us to gather some information so we can better assist you. Please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Return to LG