No Service

No Service

Postby ChetG » Tue May 03, 2022 1:45 pm

Hello,
I was about to renew my tracfone LG442BG but the phone says "no service."

I gather this has something to do with the Verizon switchover. My theoretical service goes until May 7, 2022. Is that it? No service and no point to buy more days? Or is there an alternative? I'd hate to lose the 1000+ minutes I have on the phone, but if it isn't going to work, there's no point buying anything else.

Thanks for any help or alternatives.

--ChetG
ChetG

Re: No Service

Postby TracFone - Mark » Wed May 04, 2022 9:55 am

Hi ChetG. My name is TracFone Mark. We're sorry that you are caught in this situation, and this is not how we want you to experience while using our service. Allow us first to check your account before we can answer your question. To better assist you, kindly check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611. Thank you for reaching us.
TracFone - Mark

Postby ChetG » Wed May 04, 2022 3:27 pm

I did buy a new tracfone, but have run into a difficulty. To be allowed to transfer minutes from my old phone, my old phone had to receive a text message. But it was because my old Tracfone had "no service" it could neither send nor receive anything (and why I bought a new one).

After a half-hour or so with customer service, I was cut off (but received a reference number 3729, of my own choosing).

On my next phone call, I activated the new one (since I bought a year card for it).
Is there anyway to get a transfer from the old "no service" phone?

Thank you for any further help!
ChetG

Postby ChetG » Fri May 06, 2022 1:24 pm

Thank you for your help, Mark!

(I tried answering earlier but perhaps I pressed the wrong button?)

From online chat it was confirmed that my phone wouldn't work under the new system, and the person recommended I buy a new tracfone, which I did.

However, the telephone call to activate my new phone with my old number and previous minutes failed (I was eventually cut off). It failed on the point that the call center person couldn't comprehend how my "no service" phone wouldn't receive a text message to confirm the transfer.

Subsequently (on another phone call) I activated the new phone, but I would still like to know if it is possible to transfer my previous minutes from my "no service" phone.

Thanks for any further help!
ChetG

Postby TracFone - Mark » Fri May 06, 2022 5:25 pm

Hi ChetG. My name is TracFone Mark. We do apologize that you are still having an issue transferring your minutes from your old phone to your new phone. Before we can answer your question, we will need to check your account first. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. You can also text CHAT to 611611. Thanks.
TracFone - Mark

Postby ChetG » Sat May 07, 2022 3:15 pm

Hi T. Mark,

I just want to let you know that all went well. Although I didn't understand how to use the information in the url you had provided, the person in chat was excellent, and he transferred from my old "no service" phone to my present new one.

What a relief! I'm very satisfied with how everything worked out, so here's my thanks!

Cheers,
--ChetG
ChetG

Postby TracFone - Mark » Mon May 09, 2022 8:51 am

Hi ChetG. My name is TracFone Mark. We're glad to hear that your issue has now been resolved. Should you need assistance in the future, please feel free to contact us. You can also text HELP to 611611. Thank you for the updates.
TracFone - Mark

Return to LG