Do I Have To Buy A Monthly Plan With A New Phone

Do I Have To Buy A Monthly Plan With A New Phone

Postby jereece » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:31 pm

I am a current Tracfone customer. I do not have a monthly plan. I just purchase minutes as I need them. I was about to purchase a new Samsung A50 phone with the intent of transferring my account to this phone. However, your website says that I must purchase a plan with the phone. I see this phone on E-bay and HSN and there I do not see where I need to purchase a monthly plan. Can I not purchase this phone, transfer my minutes and continue purchasing minutes as I need them? Your web site is very confusing to me.
jereece

Re: Do I Have To Buy A Monthly Plan With A New Phone

Postby Jude » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:31 pm

Hi jereece. My name is TracFone Jude and I would like to apologize for the trouble this has caused you. Please be advised that we have phone models in the TracFone website that will require you to purchase an airtime card even if you have an existing account with TracFone Wireless. It is not a requirement for you to purchase an airtime card but you will need to do so if you decide to purchase that particular phone model offered in the TracFone website. You may visit any TracFone partnered retailer and check if you can purchase the phone model alone. Thank you.
Jude

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.