Add service time

Add service time

Postby Bolero » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:55 am

How can I add only service time? I have a lot of minutes still available. I don't need more minutes, just service days.
Bolero

Re: Add service time

Postby Shelly » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:07 am

Hi bolero. My name is TracFone Shelly and I will be addressing your question. You may enroll your phone to our TracFone Service Protection plan for only $5.99 when needed. You will pay the $5.99 fee only if you reach your Service End Date. This plan will add 30 days of service on your phone whenever you need it. To enroll and to see more detailed information about this plan, please check this out https://www.tracfone.com/direct/ValuePl ... NE&lang=en. I believe this answers your question. It’s been a pleasure helping you. Have a good day.
TracFone - Shelly
Shelly

Postby Bolero » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:00 am

I tried to register an account so I could enroll in the $5.99 service time extension per the link you gave. Each time, I got the following message and couldn't proceed:
Error 404--Not Found
From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1:
10.4.5 404 Not Found
The server has not found anything matching the Request-URI. No indication is given of whether the condition is temporary or permanent.
If the server does not wish to make this information available to the client, the status code 403 (Forbidden) can be used instead. The 410 (Gone) status code SHOULD be used if the server knows, through some internally configurable mechanism, that an old resource is permanently unavailable and has no forwarding address.

I tried to report this problem to Technical Support, but I needed to log into an account to communicate with them. But I can't register the account.

How can I register an account in order to enroll in the $5.99 service time extension?
Bolero

Postby TracFone - Roxanne » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:15 am

Hi Bolero. My name is TracFone Roxanne. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thank you.
TracFone - Roxanne
TracFone - Roxanne

Postby Bolero » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:34 am

I have not received any message at my e-mail account. I was told on Tues, 4/26, that you would "take this off line" so we could solve my problem. I still get the 404 error when I try to enroll for the service time protection for $5.99. Today is Fri, 4/29.
What should I do?
Bolero

Postby hawkeye96 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:21 pm

You're losing me, Tracfone. You don't answer your support phone. You take days to respond to forum issues. Your forum search function won't search for common words like "time," "minutes," etc., responding that the words are TOO common. And now I find that you want to charge me $5.99 each time I run out of days of service (at my current rate of usage, my minutes would last until early 2012, but my service days will expire in early July 2011, so in order to maintain service, I'll pay you $5.99 six times before my minutes run out). Also, the Federal Trade Commission may be interested to know that you charge a fee for double airtime, then make it impossible (or at least, exorbitantly expensive) to obtain enough days of service to utilize the additional airtime; they will think you're running a scam -- justifiably in my estimation, especially since you make it impossible to work with me to 1) get problems fixed or 2) get answers to vital questions. The clock will be running in a few seconds, recording how long it takes you to reply to this complaint and answer my need for information. Wake up!
hawkeye96

Postby Bolero » Sun May 08, 2011 5:32 am

I was finally able to register my account today, 05/08, and then sign up for the service protection plan. Now 30 days will automatically be added if I run out of service days, and I'll be charged $5.99 plus taxes, etc. I'm glad I finally resolved this, but I'm disappointed that no Tracfone service person contacted me "offline" as they said they would, nor did anyone reply as to why I couldn't get past the 404 error when I tried to go to the webpage for registering an account. At any rate, I'm all set now. I'm glad I was patient.
Bolero

Postby robert » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:47 pm

Hi Bolero. My name is TracFone Robert. Please let us know if you do have any other concerns. Thank you and have a great day!
robert

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.