Network upgrade

Network upgrade

Postby lily1013 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:24 pm

Got a text on my Tracfone "Your TracFone requires a network upgrade. Call 1800-867-7183 by Oct 21 for better mobile service." I also got this message on our landline # ""Hi, this is Julie from TracFone calling to let you know the network has recently been upgraded to allow for more services. If you no longer wish to receive these calls, call 1-888-449-3610. Your phone requires a programming change by October 21. The change will give you access to the mobile web, picture messaging capabilities and more. Please call us at 1-800-867-7183 and press option five technical support to perform this upgrade at your earliest convenience. Thank you and have a great day"

I called the number and talked to someone at tech support and he said he never heard of anything like that and they don't send messages saying the network needs upgrading. Totally confused :?

Re: Network upgrade

Postby Jennifer » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:55 pm

Hi Lily1013. My name is TracFone Jennifer. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thank you.

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.