Cannot get minutes/data/text Balance in any way

Re: Cannot get minutes/data/text Balance in any way

Postby Ron K » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:58 pm

jack7200,
I had the same experience with live chat telling me I had about 3 times the amount of minutes that I know was approximately on the phone. They just say anything to get you to go away.

My phone is a recently activated LG Destiny and I cannot get the balance in anyway. MY case keeps getting escalated but so far no solution.

What kind phone do you have? Have you received any kind of resolution?
Ron K

Postby Ron K » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:08 pm

Earlier today I was speaking to some kind of cooperate resolution person. While I was on hold he spoke with a "senior" manager who has access to a computer system that should be able to get phone balances even when "lower" customer service people cannot. But even he was unable to get my balance.

This issue had been sent to the manager's dept 3 days ago but no one worked on the problem. I was told the manager would be working on the problem and I should call back in two days.

Also, I was informed that it is NOT an issue with my phone (new LG Destiny) but rather a "glitch" in Tracfone's system.
Ron K

Postby Sam » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:12 pm

Hi. My name is TracFone Sam. Sorry that you’re having a problem. Please check your Forum inbox for a message. Thanks.
TracFone - Sam
Sam

Postby taffykis3002 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:33 am

HI i recently purchased a cellphone from EVINE and the triple minutes did not transfer over
taffykis3002

Postby TracFone - Felice » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:02 am

Hi taffykis3002. My name is TracFone Felice. Sorry that you’re having a problem. Please check your Forum inbox for a message. Thanks.
TracFone - Felice

Postby Ron K » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:08 pm

Latest update. After not being able to get the balance on my phone in anyway since it was activated on 3/4/2017, Tracfone has agreed to send me a replacement phone.

Let's hope the replacement does not have the same problem. In case anyone is interested, the phone is an LG Destiny using GSM on ATT.
Ron K

Postby calder » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:02 pm

As amazing as Tracfone has become, it is a total failure in getting
minutes/expiry by ANY means when you have a smartphone. So here I am
to acquire the info yet again. Let's chat! :mrgreen:
calder

Postby TracFone - Maria » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:02 pm

Hi calder. My name is TracFone Maria. Sorry that you’re having a problem. Let us help you. I've sent you a private message. Please check your Forum inbox. Thanks.
TracFone - Maria

Postby Ron K » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:08 pm

After almost a month of trying to get my phone balance, Tracfone finally relented and sent me a replacement phone. It's the same model (LG destiny L21g) and Tracfone paid the shipping both ways.

I was required to call customer support for activation so that I could keep my phone number and get the minutes transferred from my old phone. Well surprise, surprise customer support could not retrieve the number of minutes from my old phone! Well of course not, that was the problem in the first place! After some discussion, it was decided to take the minutes from the phone before the bad phone and transfer that to my new replacement phone.

To my great delight, the transfer of minutes worked and I am able to now see the number of minutes on both the my account web page and on my phone using the my account app.

The base level customer support, at least for my issue, was horrible to work with. It was only after being escalated to cooperate level support that a reasonable effort was made to resolve the problem.

Well, in the end, the replacement phone is working as it should and I am a happy camper again.
Ron K

Postby AParadis » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:11 pm

I bought two smartphones to transfer existing Tracfone numbers onto. Both phones transferred within about half a business day and work well EXCEPT one is having the problem that has been reported on here. It is a Blu Life XL and although the calls, texts and data all work, I cannot find any way to display the remaining balance. The other phone was an Honor 6X and is showing the balance as it should. It did take a day or two extra to begin showing it, so I have been patient, thinking it would start working. After two weeks, it is still not working so here I am! Hope you can help as much as I have been helped before...

Thanks, Andy
AParadis

PreviousNext

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.