The SIM card with the information you provided currently has

The SIM card with the information you provided currently has

Postby tommsteele » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:00 pm

Have had a tracfone for a long time for my 88 year old mother so she could contact me in an emergency. However, recently, when she did try to contact me, the phone had no service, it had been deactivated. This phone was specifically for her emergency contact to me and when she needed it failed. Had I received some sort of notification that it was being disabled, I could have intervened, but that did not happen. TracFone should have some way to indicate a phone is set up for family emergency use and even if it isn't being used (no Emergencies!) it should not be deactivated, or at least a warning email should be sent to the account contact.
Now when I try to reactivate I get the dreaded sim card current in an invalid status. I am extremely annoyed to say the least.
tommsteele

Re: The SIM card with the information you provided currently

Postby TracFone - Larry » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:44 am

Hi tommsteele. My name is TracFone Larry. We need to take this issue offline so we can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Please click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Re: The SIM card with the information you provided currently

Postby tommsteele » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:05 pm

It's funny, if I wanted service or a new phone, I could go on line, order it, phone would be shipped, I could activate it and be done. No mess, no fuss, no endless chat. Yet when the SIM card in my phone is crashed because you all decided to disable and emergency use phone, WITHOUT notifying me first, you want me to jump thru endless hoops chatting with someone in India, rather than just send me a new SIM card and credit me some days on the service.

Since my available days are about to expire anyway, it will be much easier to just switch to a new carrier. One that wont disable phones at their whim and fancy.

So long TracFone.
tommsteele

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.