Transfering number to other tracfone

Transfering number to other tracfone

Postby tomseys » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:27 pm

Hi.

I have 2 tracfones with two different phone numbers. One is a tracfone flip phone with dmfl and the other is a tracfone smartphone (luna pro). So i have two accounts/numbers with tracfone.

I'm thinking about only using the smartphone from now on and getting rid of the feature flip phone.

My feature phone has about 250 minutes and a few months of service left. My smartphone has about 1700 minutes, texts and data and a year of service.

What I would like to do is transfer the 250 minutes and few months of service of the flip phone to my smartphone so it adds it to the smartphones total. I would also like to transfer the phone number of the flip phone to my smartphone and just drop the smartphone number.

Can i do this? I just want to make sure I can transfer the number and minutes to the smartphone without losing the minutes that are on the smartphone to begin with. Thanks.
My Phones: Tracfone Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro & Tracfone LG442BG
tomseys

Re: Transfering number to other tracfone

Postby TracFone - Katie » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:49 pm

Hi tomseys,
My name is TracFone Katie. Yes, you can transfer it to your smartphone as long as it is still active. For assistance, please chat with us using this link http://bit.ly/2qdrKHH. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thanks.
TracFone - Katie

Postby tomseys » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:01 am

Thanks Katie.

Edit * See next post*
Last edited by tomseys on Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
tomseys

Postby tomseys » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:55 am

Okay I spoke with someone in chat and they explained that I cannot do what I want to do.

She said that if I transfer the phone number of the flip phone to the smartphone I will lose the minutes and time I have left on the smartphone and I will only get the minutes that was left on flip phone, which would be a terrible deal because I would lose a year of service plus 1700 minutes/text/data that was on the smartphone and would just get the phone number and the 250 minutes from the flip phone.

I was concerned that this was the case that is why I was asking. Anyway, I guess I'll just let the flip phone expire and transition to just using the smartphone. I would have liked to have transferred at least the number but I guess I can use the smartphone number and give it out as my main number.
tomseys

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.