CHEATED BY TRACFONE

CHEATED BY TRACFONE

Postby figaro » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:32 pm

I just bought a new tracfone. I have had one for years. This may be my 4th. When I activated and transferred data for last phone I was cheated out of 2541 Minutes. The last person I "chatted" with told me there was no place online that I could go to complain about this. Has this happened to others?
figaro

Re: CHEATED BY TRACFONE

Postby TracFone - Larry » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:09 pm

Hi figaro. I'm TracFone Larry. We apologize for the trouble this has caused you. Allow us to help you with your concern. Please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Postby figaro » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:38 pm

I see that gets me a link to "chat". Have done lots of "chat". I want some way (like maybe email address) to send the proof I have like screen shots of tracfone web page showing balances before and after new phone was activated. I was told they can not be sent through chat.
figaro

Postby Aura » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:58 am

Ya, Everytime I go to buy time/minutes - I first take a phone screenshot of my balance, the I go onto the website and take another screenshot from my laptop - just in case . . . that crap happens to me, but I also have had about 5 tracfone phones, and never had a problem.

I think by going on to the website and updating the balance of your time/text/min/data it somehow eliminated problems when buying time or transferring phones - that what I always did, and never a problem - - just something to think about.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Aura

Postby TracFone - Larry » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:58 am

figaro wrote:I see that gets me a link to "chat". Have done lots of "chat". I want some way (like maybe email address) to send the proof I have like screen shots of tracfone web page showing balances before and after new phone was activated. I was told they can not be sent through chat.

Hi figaro. I'm TracFone Larry. Sorry for the inconvenience. To further address your issue, please check your forum inbox for a message. You can use our self-service menu by texting Help to 611611.
TracFone - Larry

Postby figaro » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:32 am

I knew it was too good to be true.

4 days ago TracFone Larry sent me a top secret message with a phone number to call. Reluctantly I called.

I spent a good while talking with a very friendly woman who seemed to listen and gave me an actual EMAIL address where I could send my before and after screen shots showing how many minutes I was cheated out of.

She said this would have to go to higher-ups to be approved and this could take up to 48 hours and then they would let me know.

On the 3rd day I sent another email to see if they even got the first email since there was no acknowledgement of receipt.

Now the 4th day. No contact. I can’t help but think many people are getting good chuckles over my ordeal.
figaro

Postby figaro » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:38 am

Day 5 and I am still waiting to hear from the high officials if I will get back the minutes I was cheated out of.
figaro

Postby figaro » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:50 pm

Day 6 and I am still waiting to hear from the high officials if I will get back the minutes I was cheated out of.
figaro

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.