Strange Voicemail slow play problem

Strange Voicemail slow play problem

Postby PCNY3 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:20 am

I have a very strange voicemail problem.

If I leave a message on the tracfone voicemail system (which I believe is really Verizon Wireless), from my 'MagicJack' VOIP "landline" the message will play back extremely slowly. If anyone else leaves a message, it plays back OK.

I further tested by calling a friend on Verizon voicemail (i.e. same platform as Tracfone), from my Magic Jack and it too played back extremely slow. I tested again, by calling another landline (Verizon FIOS) from the MagicJack and the message played back perfectly.

SO: There seems to be some strange interaction with message playback from Tracfone (Verizon Wireless) voicemail systems when a voicemail is left by an incoming "MagicJack" VOIP caller (or at least my one).

The problem is either the MagicJack or the Tracfone voicemail system. I'm posting here so hopefully Tracfone can investigate on their end or pass to Verizon. I'll also try follow up with MagicJack.

What's even more "odd" about this is it happened at the same time I had upgraded my Tracfone handset and ported my old number to it. After the port my data didn't work and for a while I couldn't even get into my voicemail and had to call support to get it working again. I don't see how this could cause the above problem, but it's worth mentioning..

I'm hopeing Tracfone can look into this and I'm also wondering if anyone else noticed this?
PCNY3

Re: Strange Voicemail slow play problem

Postby TracFone - Larry » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:04 am

Hi PCNY3. I'm TracFone Larry. I'm sorry that you're having some problems. We'll review your account and further investigate what happened with your phone service. For further assistance, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.