Invalid SIM activating phone that has been out of service

Invalid SIM activating phone that has been out of service

Postby marablec » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:57 am

Activation on older phone not working. Got invalid SIM or something like that.
marablec

Re: Invalid SIM activating phone that has been out of servic

Postby TracFone - Larry » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:05 am

Hi marablec. I'm TracFone Larry. I apologize for the trouble. We'll check the status of the phone. For further assistance, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Postby LindaCHU » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:06 am

Sometimes the sim can be activated and sometimes not. :mrgreen:
It is a gamble especially with the older phones.
Contact Tracfone, they can send you a new sim (free) and/or tell you if your phone is eligible for reactivation.
LindaCHU

Postby Kayti152 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:04 am

I signed up for bring your own device. My phone carrier is SafeLink Wireless a government program. My original phone was damaged and SIM card was damaged as well. I obtained a new tracfone and ordered a replacement Sim card. I inserted the new SIM card but it says Invalid SIM card.

Kayti152

Postby TracFone - Larry » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:04 am

Hi Kayti152. I'm TracFone Larry. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll check if the phone is properly provisioned in the system. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.