Transfer to new phone, got service days but not minutes/data

Transfer to new phone, got service days but not minutes/data

Postby pwk » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:29 pm

I just transferred my service to a new TracFone (Ticket Number 1205980585) and am looking at my time bank.

I see that I got the one year of service, but that the included 1500 units/1500 text/1.5 Gb data was not added to my account.

How can I get these included?

Thank you.

EDIT:
Okay, Antonio on chat got the network running, but insists that I got the 1 year, plus 1500/1500/1500.

I have included two screenshots of the app, the newer one showing the one year service added but no additional minutes/text/data.
Attachments
Screenshot_20190819-171745.png
Screenshot_20190819-171745.png (128.01 KiB) Viewed 228 times
Screenshot_20190819-115502.png
Screenshot_20190819-115502.png (106.97 KiB) Viewed 228 times
pwk

Re: Transfer to new phone, got service days but not minutes/

Postby TracFone - Larry » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:09 am

Hi pwk. I'm TracFone Larry. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll check the status of the phone. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Re: Transfer to new phone, got service days but not minutes/

Postby pwk » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:09 am

Apparently, the automated transfer system does not add minutes/texts/data beyond a certain threshold, and the units I had were beyond that threshold.

So the system reports them as added, but the units were never incremented on my service summary.

Of course, I bought this phone believing that I would get the promised minutes/text/data added.

I have to fight this out with chat unable to show what I clearly see, the before and after numbers.

Another day struggling with TF.

TracFone: Thank you for visiting Tracfone today. How may I help you?
You: Activated new phone from HSN yesterday (Ticket Number 1205980585 ) and the system added the one year of service but not the 1500/1500/1500 included
Shelia: Thank you for visiting TracFone Wireless.
You: 5187888878
Shelia: Hi Valued Customer.
Shelia: Thank you for providing me with your phone number. While I access your account, I would like to know if you are willing to participate in a brief survey regarding our service at the end of the session.
Shelia: I apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced due to this issue.
You: Left screen shots of app before and after on TracfoneForum. Larry sent me here.
Shelia: I see. I am sorry to hear that.
Shelia: Let me check the number you had provided to me. Allow me two minutes.
You: Of course.
Shelia: Thank you.
Shelia: Upon checking, your phone number has been already attached on your new phone.
Shelia: Let me check your minutes.
You: Correct. And i recieved the included one year of service.
Shelia: It shows that you have 6182 voice minutes, 5268 text messages and 5.06 GB of data. You may also send the word "BALANCE" and send it to 611611 to know your phone's current balance.
You: I did not receive the 1500/1500/1500
Shelia: The Service End Date is on 10/10/2020.
You: Correct. I had 5.06 data before activating new.
You: viewtopic.php?f=6184&t=573196&p=1022748#p1022748
Shelia: I’m sorry to hear that.
Shelia: Do you have the airtime card PIN?
You: The units were included in phone purchase, along with one year of service
You: https://www.hsn.com/products/motorola-m ... 0-/8879320
Shelia: Upon checking, your 1500 minutes has been successfully added on your new phone.
You: And there is still 6188?
You: The same as before transfer?
Shelia: Please stop sending me links since I am unable to pull it up. I would appreciate it if you could only provided with the answers on questions when asked.
You: Yes, m'aam.
Shelia: Thank you.
Shelia: Please allow me two minutes to check both your old and new account.
You: Thank you.
Shelia: You are welcome.
Shelia: Thank you for waiting.
Shelia: I am still checking on your account. Feel free to ask or comment on anything you feel appropriate or necessary while I quietly work on your concern.
Shelia: Upon checking, your old phone that has been deactivated showing you had added 1200 minutes. Have you checked your minutes left from your old phone before the transfer?
You: Yes. It would be nice if I could show you screen captures showing the added service time, but no added minutes/texts/data, but chat is what it is.
Shelia: I am sorry to hear that. However, I override the system since the feature is limited.
You: So the automated system only transfers units until a phone is over a certain point?
You: Then, no matter what is advertised, no more is added?
Shelia: No, it is not.
Shelia: Your 1500 minutes is showing it has been already been added on your new phne.
Shelia: Your 1500 minutes is showing it has been already been added on your new phone.
You: But it never appeared in my service summary.
You: And the numbers you quote are the same as before the transfer.
Shelia: I will need to create a report on your account for our higher department to check on this. Please chat us back again or call customer serivce in 24 hours for your minutes to check and investigate.
You: Do I need a ticket number?
Shelia: Yes, you do. Please allow me two minutes to create a note on your account first.
You: Thank you.
Shelia: You are welcome.
Shelia: This is your ticket number 1773086849.
Shelia This is your ticket number 1773086849.
pwk

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.