Unlimited Talk & Text and Data Carryover

Unlimited Talk & Text and Data Carryover

Postby twow » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:35 pm

I'm considering purchasing one of the new unlimited talk and text plans being offered by TracFone.

TracFone's FAQ page states:

The TF Unlimited Plans are only for smartphones. They offer unlimited talk and text for 30 days with a set amount of high-speed data. Unused data will not expire if the service is active and in use with one of our Unlimited Talk & Text plans.

As I understand the above paragraph, if I were to purchase the $25 plan--which includes 2 GB of data--and used only 1 GB the first month, I would have 3 GB available in the second month, providing that I kept one of the unlimited plans in effect.

I have chatted with two TF agents. Both of them have said that I would have only 2 GB available in month #2. Obviously, a contradiction of what is stated on the FAQ page.

So it seems to me that the unused data does expire at the end of the 30 days.

I would like an explanation.

Thank you.
twow

Re: Unlimited Talk & Text and Data Carryover

Postby TracFone - Larry » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:35 am

Hi twow. I'm TracFone Larry. I read your post and I want to help you. The unused data from the Unlimited Plan will carryover when you add or renew the phone with Unlimited Plan. If you have further questions or concerns, kindly check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Postby TJ13 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:06 pm

I had got one of these with 1 GB data, ended up getting 2 more.
Added them both to extend time.
Was told that it will stack but then was told that it does not but then was told that after the "first" one runs out it will then connect to the 2nd one and then after that goes to the 3rd one.

Even though on my balance it says that I have until 10/4 for my unlimited plan (When it should be 11/18) and 0.76 GB data (When it should be 2.76 GB data)
TJ13

Postby TracFone - Larry » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:15 am

Hi TJ13. I'm TracFone Larry. I read your post and I want to help you. We'll further investigate your account. For further assistance, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Postby TJ13 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:56 am

As of 6 am today 9/19, When my first card has expired still says under 1 GB data. And I know it expired since I looked at when I added it and it was on 8/18. 30 days from that would be 9/17.
And don't tell me to chat or call.
They don't give me any answers either.

Edit:
I was now told that once the data expires from the 30 days it's gone.
And it clearly states it will roll over and continue my service.
So I lost out on 45 days worth of unlimited talk/text and my data.
I am definitely calling to talk to a supervisor
TJ13

Postby TracFone - Larry » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:21 am

Hi TJ13. I'm TracFone Larry. I'm sorry for the trouble this has caused. We'll help you address your concern. For further assistance, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.