Caller ID not available on Tracfone

Caller ID not available on Tracfone

Postby rubyredvette » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:21 pm

I have been using TracFone for a few years. I did not realize that my calls go out as "Wireless Caller". I do not answer calls UNLESS I know the caller. So it seems I have been calling people with the generic "Wireless Caller". With all the scammer calls I do not think it is a good idea not to have Caller ID. I chatted with TracFone and was told that TracFone does not have outgoing Caller ID and has no plans to have this feature.
The other thing that is funny, after disconnecting my chat, I got three calls from 800-992-1346 with no name displayed. Just for grins, I called the number, the Voice Interactive system said it was TraceFone, after a long and labor intensive process, I was connected with a Customer Service person. He told me that 800-992-1346 is NOT a TracFone 800 number.... There is only one 800 number for TracFone... :D

But that is off topic. ... Why does TracFone not have Caller ID outbound and inbound? Is this a way to reduce the number of TracFone users.
rubyredvette

Re: Caller ID not available on Tracfone

Postby TracFone - Maria » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:28 pm

Hi rubyredvette. I'm TracFone Maria. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have encountered with your Caller ID. For us to address your concern, please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.