Safelink Wireless LG phone upgrade to Iphone 11 probems

Safelink Wireless LG phone upgrade to Iphone 11 probems

Postby nms499 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:11 pm

I've had Safelink for like 7 years and have used several different Tracfones over the years. I just picked up an unlocked Iphone 11 with Bring your own Phone T-Mobile/Unlocked GSM sim card from Safelink. I've been trying to activate it without luck. When I try online it says wrong device or the device with the information you provided currently has an invalid status. I sat on the phone for an hour with TracFone and they couldn't get it to "rebrand". Anyone have an ideas? I just submitted documentation to recertify with Safelink but it says I am still enrolled but it also says pending nlad update. Do you think that has anything to do with it? If the phone was unlocked why do u need to "rebrand"? The phone says TFW for Network Selection.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thank you.
nms499

Re: Safelink Wireless LG phone upgrade to Iphone 11 probems

Postby TracFone - Larry » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:50 am

Hi nms499. I'm TracFone Larry. I want to thank you for being with SafeLink over the years, and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues transferring your number to another phone. Let us help you with the transfer. We need to take this issue offline so we can address it further. Please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Message" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox.You can use our self-service menu by texting Help to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.