port out number then get a new number

port out number then get a new number

Postby kenstrguy1 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:13 pm

would like to know if i could port out my tracfone number that i have had for years to google voice or other voip. however, i would need to get a new number for that tracfone without losing minutes,data, texts.
so is the original number tied to a plan? is this possible if so what's the cost of doing it.

would it be simpler/easier just to buy a inexpensive tracfone with a short plan and transfer that number to google voice if its possible. i hear some people are having problems porting prepaid numbers recently. only downside is that if it doesnt work i am out some money.

any other ideas how to do this can it be done online or through the phone?
thanks
kenstrguy1

Re: port out number then get a new number

Postby TracFone - Larry » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:19 pm

Hi kenstrguy1. I'm TracFone Larry. The phone number can be ported out to another service provider. However, you lose the remaining balance of your Tracfone. If you need further assistance, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.