Data Disappeard and all we get is run-around

Data Disappeard and all we get is run-around

Postby featuretile » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:22 pm

I have communicated this before but it needs to be publicly escalated to get attention I guess. Besides, potential customers should know.

After spending forever on the phone and being handed up two levels, we found an agent who found our missing 1100GB of data. Yes, GB, not MB. They had disappeared. He said they still existed even though we could not see them--we would not run out for many years. Then they took our account to zero and now they can't even access historical records to see where it went. At our usage rate, it should have lasted about 100 years.

We have records. We have the transcript of the chat where Agent Lee acknowledged the full amount. Nobody seems to want to fix this. We even sent the written letter they say to do as a last resort and we hear nothing. Phone calls reach people who can't help, chats reach people with no access to records, so no one is helping. We even signed up for two more years of service at a time because we had so much data, and now that seems wasted.

Watch here and see if Tracfone does anything about it. If not, do not do business with them--they will steal your data (your money).
featuretile

Re: Data Disappeard and all we get is run-around

Postby TracFone - Maria » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:07 pm

Hi featuretile. I'm TracFone Maria. We're terribly sorry for the inconvenience you have experience with your data minutes. We would like to have an opportunity to review your account so we can provide you a concrete resolution for this issue. Please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Postby featuretile » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:31 pm

Maria,
Against my better judgement, I followed your suggestion and followed the link to the chat line. They couldn't help because, as I told you before, they have no access to the use records so they think I am lying and trying to get something for free. So that agent set up a call back from another department. That callback agent was also unable to access records and tried to transfer me to another department, but dropped the call instead. So after an hour of my time wasted, I was back at the beginning.

Why do you blind your agents so they can't do anything? Do you really think you will make more money by stealing data and making resolution impossible than you will lose by this practice dissuading new customers? Don't you realize that good customer service will have customers flocking to you?

Please do not send me another message that just says call in again to a random agent who doesn't have the tools to fix the problem. If you take this personally and find the fix yourself instead of just referring me uselessly, I will update this forum post to your advantage.

Jim and Janet Starr
featuretile

Postby baseballdad » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:47 pm

I would like to know if tracfone took care of this?
baseballdad

Postby featuretile » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:28 pm

As of yet, no. I just sent a polite note to
Angel Aleman, Associate Vice President, Customer Care & Operations at aaleman@tracfone.com.
We'll see if he cares.
featuretile

Postby featuretile » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:16 pm

Tracfone is not posting my further replies although I have been very polite. No the have not resolved.
featuretile

Postby TracFone - Maria » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:39 pm

Hi featuretile. I'm TracFone Maria. We truly understand how you feel. Your time is valuable, and we want to make sure that you get the assistance you need. Please check your Forum inbox for a private message. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Postby featuretile » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:37 pm

Tracfone has contacted me again now allowed direct replies in the forum, plus posted all but one of my messages here, so we will see if we can get some help by that channel. To their credit, Maria seems to be trying. It is unfortunate their normal agents don't have the history access to be able to do this for them.
featuretile

Postby Beaublen » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:33 am

Is there anything they can do in these kinds of situations?
Beaublen

Postby TracFone - Maria » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:27 pm

Hi Beaublen. I'm TracFone Maria. Are you having problems with our service? Yes, we're doing our best to help you with your concerns. For further assistance, please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Next

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.