How Many Minutes can be Transferred?

How Many Minutes can be Transferred?

Postby jumprun3 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:21 pm

I have a TracFone LG non-smartphone with over 10,000 minutes and 3 years of airtime remaining. I'm considering switching to a Bring Your Own Samsung smartphone. Will ALL of my minutes and airtime transfer to the new smartphone? If not, exactly how many minutes AND airtime will I be losing by switching?
jumprun3

Re: How Many Minutes can be Transferred?

Postby TracFone - Maria » Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:15 pm

Hi jumprun3. I'm TracFone Maria. All your minutes and service days will be transferred to your BYOP device. For further assistance, please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Postby jumprun3 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:39 pm

Excellent, I was hoping that was the case and I thank you for the information.

However, I asked one of your co-workers the same question earlier this morning via the CHAT help line. She said TracFone would divide my existing minutes by NINE and that would be all I could transfer. That sounded crazy to me so I asked her "You mean I will lose around 90% of my minutes and airtime if I transfer to a new Bring Your Own smartphone????"

She said "Yes, I'm sorry."

So, either you or her is completely wrong on this. And I hope it's HER! Would you please double-check? Again, what I'm considering doing is switching from my present TracFone non-smartphone to a Bring Your Own Smartphone.
jumprun3

Postby TracFone - Maria » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:49 pm

Hi jumprun3. I'm TracFone Maria. We're sorry for the miscommunication. If you will do a phone upgrade from non-smart phone to a smart phone device then all your minutes will be transferred. But, if you will do a downgrade like transferring your minutes from a Smartphone to a non-smart phone device, then your minutes will be divided into 9. For further assistance, please check your Forum inbox for a private message.
TracFone - Maria

Postby jumprun3 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:13 am

OK Maria, thanks. That's very reasonable.

I can see where the person I was chatting with could have gotten confused.
jumprun3

Postby TracFone - Maria » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:43 pm

Hi jumprun3. I'm TracFone Maria. You're welcome. Should you need further assistance, please let us know. Have a great day.
TracFone - Maria

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.