lost all remaining data!

lost all remaining data!

Postby Techwrite » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:17 pm

I lost over 3GB of data over the weekend. My phone was acting weird. It would not find or connect to a cell tower. It would "search" and then tell me "No Service." We talked with Tracfone tech support who concluded that it was a problem with my phone. I kept getting a "cellular update needed" error but nothing would download or update. No idea what it even meant. Then my battery drained completely over night. When I plugged in my phone the next morning, my phone connected to the local cell tower and I had TFW service like usual. Yay! Except that ALL OF MY DATA WAS GONE.

When we contacted customer service, they told us that we must have used up the data and that there was no log to tell us what on earth used it up. Our only option is to buy more data.

So 3GB of data, completely used up, while I was connected to WiFi and NOT connected to any cellular service. :(

My kids have iPods and can no longer text my iPhone when I'm not in a Wifi zone, because I don't have any cellular data.

Has this happened to anybody else? I'm very disappointed with Tracfone customer service. We have been customers since 2003, and I'm tempted to look elsewhere for contract-free cell phones at this point.
Techwrite

Re: lost all remaining data!

Postby TracFone - Maria » Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:30 pm

Hi Techwrite. I'm TracFone Maria. Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced with your data minutes specially with our customer service. We understand having service issues can be very frustrating. We're more than happy to look into this and make sure that you get the assistance you need. To do this, please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Postby Techwrite » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:12 pm

TracFone - Maria wrote:Hi Techwrite. I'm TracFone Maria. Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced with your data minutes specially with our customer service. We understand having service issues can be very frustrating. We're more than happy to look into this and make sure that you get the assistance you need. To do this, please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.

That did no good. TracFone claims they can’t help us.
Techwrite

Postby Techwrite » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:38 am

TracFone claims there is nothing they can do because their system does not allow them to see data usage. :roll:
Techwrite

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.