Assorted SIM card and other problems

Assorted SIM card and other problems

Postby Eliopacum » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:27 pm

I'm trying to help a friend and turns out I'm no help at all. She has an Alcatel TracFone that has not been used in awhile, so it needs to be reactivated. The first message I got was "Invalid SIM card" or something like that, or maybe it was "expired." Was trying to get a new card, and one important question was "what is the phone number?" I suppose since her service was expired I couldn't find the phone number listed with her account, and I hit the wall on getting a new SIM card. And right now we can't even get her account to work. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Eliopacum

Re: Assorted SIM card and other problems

Postby TracFone - Maria » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:12 pm

Hi Eliopacum. I'm TracFone - Maria. The phone doesn't have a phone number since it's no longer active. Once the phone has been reactivated, you will have a phone number. You can provide us the IMEI/MEID to reactivate it. We're here to help you. Please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.