Question About Switching Networks

Question About Switching Networks

Postby craig10x » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:59 pm

I have a LG Journey phone which i bought directly from Tracfone...it is activated on the Verizon network which is apparently what the phone came with... According to the specifications on the webpage for this phone, the phone is supposed to be compatible with both CDMA and GSM...

I had been considering switching networks and ordered and received a tracfone sim for both T Mobile and AT &T...
When i switched to the T Mobile sim i was not able to activate and i chatted with customer service and they said the phone works on Verizon only... Yet, at the time i ordered the sims was told i COULD change if i wanted to...

So now i am totally confused...will my phone work on T-Mobile or AT&T or is it really Verizon only that it can be activated on?

If it would work on the other networks and i wanted to give one of them a try...how would i go about it?
Thanks in advance for your help....
craig10x

Re: Question About Switching Networks

Postby TracFone - Maria » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:58 pm

Hi craig10x. This is TracFone - Maria. For us to address your concern, we need to check your phone first. Please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Postby craig10x » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:02 pm

Thank you..i did what you suggested and he explained what i needed to do in order to switch networks on my tracfone...Thanks again!
craig10x

Postby Jude » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:22 pm

Hi craig10x. My name is TracFone Jude. As per our interest to serve you better, we are continuously working on improving and expanding our procedures, products and overall services. Should you need further assistance, please let us know.
Jude

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.