Network change

Network change

Postby 5153339486 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:26 pm

What are the details on the upcoming network backbone change?
Can the smart phones that will be required be used only as a voice phone and use just a voice plan?

Re: Network change

Postby TracFone - Mark » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:22 am

Hi 5153339486. My name is TracFone Mark and I'll be addressing your concern. Our major carriers are making network changes in order to improve the overall service. These network changes will prevent any current non-VoLTE phone from working. In order to avoid a loss of service, customers will need to upgrade to a VoLTE capable phone. With an upgraded phone, you can now begin using the enhanced features of the new network, such as:
✔ Improved call quality.
✔ Ability to talk and use data services at the same time.
✔ Faster data connection speed.
✔ Increases handset battery life.

To check if your device is affected by any network changes, text the word MIGRATE to 611611. If you have other questions or concerns, please let us know. Thank you for your inquiry.
TracFone - Mark

Postby timsdd » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:51 am

Up until a couple weeks ago my dashboard showed 2 of our phones (Pixel 2's using Verizon (I believe)) needing to be upgraded before Feb.

I no longer see that notification!?
Which is great BUT! it also means I no longer see a discount for me to upgrade my phones...which I was planning on doing!!!!

Will tracfone still honor those discounts? I actually called a rep and asked about the discounts...were they for a limited time or....and he told me no expiration......otherwise I would have already utilized them.

TracFone - Mark wrote:Hi 5153339486. My name is TracFone Mark and I'll be addressing your concern. Our major carriers are making network changes in order to improve the overall service. These network changes will prevent any current non-VoLTE phone from working. In order to avoid a loss of service, customers will need to upgrade to a VoLTE capable phone. With an upgraded phone, you can now begin using the enhanced features of the new network, such as:
✔ Improved call quality.
✔ Ability to talk and use data services at the same time.
✔ Faster data connection speed.
✔ Increases handset battery life.

To check if your device is affected by any network changes, text the word MIGRATE to 611611. If you have other questions or concerns, please let us know. Thank you for your inquiry.
timsdd

Postby Jude » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:40 pm

Hi timsdd. My name is TracFone Jude. We will need to check on it before we can answer your question. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
Jude

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.