Airtime Card/Customer Service Problem

Post your questions and get answers about
TracFone Airtime Cards.

Airtime Card/Customer Service Problem

Postby ncrainey » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:43 am

I am writing this message because I am very very upset about my daughters airtime card. I gave her a tracfone for Christmas. My father proceeded to buy two 90 minute airtime cards for her, 1 for Christmas, and 1 for her birthday, which is today January 13, 2011. He purchased them both on December 20, 2010. On December 26, 2010 my daughter tried 3 diffrent times to activate her card she was given for christmas with no success. I then tried to do it over the phone and then went online and tried to add the airtime minutes from the card given for Christmas. I then ended up calling tech support because we couldn't get the card to work. The customer service guy wh*answered proceeded after quite a few attempts to add the airtime said we would have to take the card back to where we purchased it and have them re scan it. It was showing in the system as not activated which he said can happen sometimes. Well my daughter needed minutes added to her phone and had used the 10 minutes it came with up the previous day. I then asked my Dad if he would go ahead and give me the other card he had for her birthday. The guy asked for the pin code which I gave him and he said it worked and then the minutes were there. I asked him if I should keep the card handy or can I just throw it away because it was used up. He read back to me the card that he used to add airtime minutes so that I didnt throw away the wrong card and then I threw that one away. He then said to take the other card back to Walmart and have them rescan it. He was sorry for the inconvienance. My family and I were going out of town so I went to a different walmart than the one my dad bought it at and had them make 4 different attempts to exchange it for a new card. They said maybe it needed to be done at the walmart it was purchased at. We went out of town the following day and didn't get back until January 6, 2011. I asked my father if he had a chance to take back the card with all the problems and he hadn't. He went on January 11, 2011. That walmart could not get it to refund and exchange either. They told him to call tracfone and see what was going on. I had the receipt when I went to the 1st walmart but during the course of time my father thru the receipt away before he went to the 2nd walmart. I called tracfone today 1-13-11 and told them all the events that had happened up to today. After talking to him for a little while he then got the pin code from me for the card I was having problems with. Guess what....HE INFORMS ME THAT THIS CARD IS THE ONE THAT WAS ADDED TO MY DAUGHTERS PHONE THE NIGHT OF DECEMBER 26, 2010. I DO NOT HAVE THE OTHER CARD BECAUSE I THREW IT AWAY BECAUSE THE CUSTOMER SERVICE MAN FROM THE FIRST CALL READ ME THE CARD NUMBER TO THE ONE HE USED THAT WORKED. I NOW HAVE A CARD THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN USED AFTER FREAKIN TELLING ME IT WASNT ACTIVATED AND I NEEDED TO GO TO THE STORE AGAIN. I WOULD HAVE NEVER THROWN THE OTHER CARD AWAY IF I HAD KNOWN THIS WOULD HAPPEN. MY FATHER NOR I HAVE $25 TO THROW AWAY. I AM VERY VERY UPSET ABOUT THIS SITUATION. IT WAS BECAUSE OF TRACFONES CUSTOMER SERVICE THAT I THREW AWAY THE OTHER CARD, I MEAN HE READ THE NUMBER TO ME FOR THE CARD TO THROW AWAY. APPARENTLY THE ISSUE SOMEHOW GOT RESOLVED AND IT TOOK THE NUMBER WE WERE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH...WTF. iS THERE ANYTHING THAT CAN BE DONE ABOUT THIS. I would rather not be wasting my gas going to diffrent stores, time talking on the phone, or time typing this. I have done what I was told to do by customer service and my daughter still gets screwed in the end. Hope to hear back. thanks
ncrainey

Re: Airtime Card/Customer Service Problem

Postby Jessica » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:07 am

Good day, NCR. My name is Jessica TracFone. Sorry that you're having a problem. I'm going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thank you.
Jessica

Postby mjpete » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:51 am

We are not receiving our monthly minutes. I call ed on Feb.5 and was on hold for over 3 hours (yes 3) and no one every answered. I then sent two emails to customer service requesting help. Still nothing. Today, Feb 9th I sent a private message through this form and still haven't heard back. I would really like to receive the minutes I PAID for. How can I get help to resolve this matter?
mjpete

Postby Jessica » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:58 am

Good day, mjpete. My name is Jessica TracFone and I'll be addressing your concern. Your "Over the Air" programming might need to be updated. I'm going to try to fix this issue for you. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thank you.
Jessica

Return to Airtime Cards