Does the Family Value Plan still exist?

Post your questions and get answers about
TracFone Monthly Plans.

Does the Family Value Plan still exist?

Postby Mracko » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:38 am

Several months ago our phones were dropped from this plan after being on it for years. It could have been after I had changed a payment account. in my searching, I read where the service was no longer available so I just registered the main phone in the smartphone auto-fill program. My account was just charged and it was listed as being the Family Value Plan.

If the plan is still available I would like to put our other two phones back on it, but I don't see the program mention anywhere on your website.

Thank you,
Mike
Mracko

Re: Does the Family Value Plan still exist?

Postby TracFone - Larry » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:09 am

Hi Mracko. My name is TracFone Larry. I read your post and I am sorry you’re having some problems. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Postby cdmcgrath » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:43 am

The answer to your question is no, at least not as it has existed for the past several years:

I have been a Family Value Plan member for many years with 3 phones in the plan. A few weeks ago I received a notice that my plan was cancelled (giving the impression that I cancelled it) and to call customer service (CS) if I wanted it to remain active. I called and after checking the CS person assured me that nothing had changed with my plan. When I checked my credit card I found that instead of the usual $24.67 (I believe 9.99 for first phone and $5.95 for the other 2, plus tax and fees) I was charged $11.85 for each phone for a total of $35.55. I called CS for and explanation and after much checking was told "the plan I was on is no longer offered and I was automatically put on the new plan". Very frustrating given I wasn't told of this ahead of time, and that they dropped me with a low cost plan that worked well for my family . I think I am done with TracFone as there are many other low cost prepaid plans out there.
cdmcgrath

Postby TracFone - Larry » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:20 pm

Hi cdmcgrath. My name is TracFone Larry. We regret to hear that you are displeased with the product and service. We understand that your previous experience was unpleasant, and we wish to make it right for you. To better assist you in resolving your issue, please contact our hotline number at 1-800-867-7183. Our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Return to Monthly Plans